Windows 10: No hard drive prompt error

Discus and support No hard drive prompt error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; https://youtu.be/ekIP8-I14K8 So I tried to MIGRATE 1TB of data from OnedDrive to Google Drive, and failed spectacularly: I've set the OnedDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ambision, Feb 27, 2021.

1. ambision Win User

No hard drive prompt error

https://youtu.be/ekIP8-I14K8

So I tried to MIGRATE 1TB of data from OnedDrive to Google Drive, and failed spectacularly: I've set the OnedDrive destination folder to be on an external USB 3.0 HDD (4TB). The hope was that the PC app would download the files, I'll unlik it from the PC, and then upload it to Google. Well, after it finished, I unlinked it, but then - this strange error occurred. Is the hard drive dead? Csn I do something to re-enstate it to work again? Also, I see this annoying massage, even after I unindtalled deleted OnedDrive and Google Drive from the PC. Any ideas?

:)

ambision, Feb 27, 2021

2. Hard drive error

Hi, Aleex75

Since it already enables let to the step by step in fixing the problem

Remove and reconnect your hard drive

Remove your hard drive from your computer.

Reconnect the hard drive check-in if you still encountering SMART hard disk error.

Run hard drive test

Choose an option to run a hard drive test. It may be under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab.

Wait for the hard drive test to be completed.

When the hard drive test is finished, you can reboot your computer to check whether the SMART hard disk error Windows 10 is solved.

However, if this solution is not working, you can move on to the next SMART hard disk error fix.

Run Chkdsk Command

Step 1: Enter Command Prompt

Connect the Windows installation disc to your computer.

Boot your computer from it.

Then go on based on the instructions and click Repair your computer.

Click Command Prompt to continue.

Step 2: Type the command

Type the command chkdsk /f/r c: and hit Enter to continue.

When the scanning process is finished, you can exit the command window and reboot your computer to check the SMART hard disk error is solved.

Regards,

Erik

EriksonBautista24, Feb 27, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 27, 2021
  4. No hard drive prompt error

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

No hard drive prompt error

1. No hard drive prompt error - Similar Threads - hard drive prompt

2. hard drive error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive error: whenever i run a hard drive test i keep getting the error code - Targeted Read Test - WHD20-JOD, can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-error/aba95e95-a113-4f77-840f-79e629842b51
  3. hard drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive error: whenever i run a hard drive test i keep getting the error code - Targeted Read Test - WHD20-JOD, can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-error/aba95e95-a113-4f77-840f-79e629842b51
  4. hard drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Error: So basically what happened is that I reset my hard drive but my smaller 5 year old brother restarted my computer by accident while it was resetting and now whenever I boot up the pc with my hard drive It says "Preparing" Then goes to "Just a Moment then finally to "Windows...
  6. Hard Drive Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Error: So basically what happened is that I reset my hard drive but my smaller 5 year old brother restarted my computer by accident while it was resetting and now whenever I boot up the pc with my hard drive It says "Preparing" Then goes to "Just a Moment then finally to "Windows...
  7. Hard Drive Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. No hard drive prompt error

in Windows 10 Support
    No hard drive prompt error: https://youtu.be/ekIP8-I14K8 So I tried to MIGRATE 1TB of data from OnedDrive to Google Drive, and failed spectacularly: I've set the OnedDrive destination folder to be on an external USB 3.0 HDD (4TB). The hope was that the PC app would download the files, I'll unlik it...
  9. Hard drive error

Hard drive error: So I installed windows 10 on my hdd at my friend’s house and it worked fine but than after connecting hdd to my pc it can’t boot IDE channel 0 slave disk HDD S.M.A.R.T capability....Disabled...
  10. Hard drive error

Hard drive error: A message that a recycle bin on my external hard drive is corrupted keeps recurring. I checked the drive for errors but it keeps coming. Ca someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/hard-drive-error/46d93193-f020-4792-bdcc-28daff692796