Windows 10: No hdmi audio device in device manager

Discus and support No hdmi audio device in device manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Audio plays through laptop speakers even when hdmi is plugged in. Looked to change the playback device but it wasn't there. (I have checked hidden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Meltboy23, Mar 15, 2020.

1. No hdmi audio device in device manager

Audio plays through laptop speakers even when hdmi is plugged in.

Looked to change the playback device but it wasn't there. (I have checked hidden devices)

Looked in device manager under sound, video and game controllers (show hidden) and again there's no hdmi audio device.

Tried downloading and installing the latest graphics drivers for both Intel and nvidia. Still no hdmi audio device.

Tried a different hdmi cable. Still no hdmi audio device.

Tried updating Windows. Guess.

I'm running out of ideas. Please help.

submitted by /u/Meltboy23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Meltboy23, Mar 15, 2020

2. No HDMI audio output in Device Manager

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern with HDMI audio, we suggest that you send us a snapshot of your audio drivers in device manager?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Carlos Tin, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Jrolandb Win User
    No HDMI audio output in Device Manager

The above step did not work for me. The windows audio troubleshooting tool did not fix anything.

Hi, I have the same issue. I have a Toshiba P75-A7200 laptop, I think a recent update to windows 10 removed it, because it wont even show in my available playback device list. My intel drivers are installed
    and my audio drivers as well, but HDMI audio wont show up. I have tried this on other TVs with different HDMI cables with no luck.

Jrolandb, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

No hdmi audio device in device manager

No HDMI audio output in Device Manager

Hi Charles,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the Playing Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the
    Playing Audio settings. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys from the keyboard.
    • Select "Control Panel"
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Playing Audio”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter by connecting HDMI cable.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Note: After running each troubleshooter; Restart your PC.

Also refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

Do let us know if you are able to get sound. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

No hdmi audio device in device manager

1. No hdmi audio device in device manager - Similar Threads - hdmi audio device

2. twice the audio devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    twice the audio devices in Device Manager: HelloPlease help, this problem is driving me up the walls.Whenever I plug an Audio device Jabra or Sennheiser BT dongle and an external camera is plugged in I get twice as many entries in the list.It's not just about the number of times on the list but it also causes havoc in...
  3. twice the audio devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    twice the audio devices in Device Manager: HelloPlease help, this problem is driving me up the walls.Whenever I plug an Audio device Jabra or Sennheiser BT dongle and an external camera is plugged in I get twice as many entries in the list.It's not just about the number of times on the list but it also causes havoc in...
  4. twice the audio devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing Audio Devices in Device Manager

Missing Audio Devices in Device Manager: I use my ASUS FX505 laptop as a presentation computer for work using ProPresenter7. It has been GREAT up to now for the last 16 months. When I turned it on last night to check my next presentation I noticed No Sound coming from my computer. After doing all the basic sound...
  6. audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi...

audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi...: so my hdmi out wasnt working and i found one of these device options had a warning like symbol so i just disabled it and re-enabled it and that fixed it... i saw many other loooooong threads about this topic and i just hope someone finds this and doesnt waste their time...
  7. No audio device in device manager

No audio device in device manager: I bought a cheap Dell Optiplex desktop PC for my mum to watch Netflix on her TV, it has SSD and HDMI out, so I thought it'll do the job she needs it for. I bought it off ebay a couple of months ago, but was so busy working, I'm only just plugging it in now, so probably too...
  8. HDMI Audio playback device not recognised

HDMI Audio playback device not recognised: Hi everyone The issue i have is that when i connect my laptop to my tv via HDMI i cannot get any audio, the video works like it should. It constantly says "not plugged in" and is greyed out in playback devices. The issue is only when running windows 10, when i boot into...
  9. Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices

Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices: Hello everyone, Laptop Samsung NP300V5A. Sound stops working about a month after Win 10 upgrade. No changes done at the time. Audio devices show up under Device Manager, but not under Playback/Recording Devices. Same for Realtek Sound Manager - it doesn't see the...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...