Windows 10: No HDMI option in Playback, video works fine

Discus and support No HDMI option in Playback, video works fine in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I decided today to try using my flat screen as a second monitor to do video tutorials on. I plugged in the HDMI and the video part works perfectly. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frick, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Frick Win User

No HDMI option in Playback, video works fine

I decided today to try using my flat screen as a second monitor to do video tutorials on. I plugged in the HDMI and the video part works perfectly. But there is no sound. There is no option for HDMI in the playback panel (I made sure disconnect devices show was clicked. I tried updating audio and graphics drivers. I restarted 6 times. I tried three different cords.

The sound works fine with Chromecast, Roku, and ps3 so I know it's not the tv or the cords. Any suggestions are welcome because this is driving me insane.

:)

Frick, Nov 30, 2016

2. No Sound on TV (HDMI) connected from Windows 10 laptop.

Old title: No Sound on TV (HDMI)

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting the sound to come out of my TV when hooked up to my laptop through the HDMI port.

There is perfect video, just no audio on the TV, it comes out of my laptop instead.

It worked fine when I had windows 7 (same HDMI cord) but ever since upgrading to windows 10 it hasn't worked.

When I go into playback devices the TV is not an option to select.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

NorthernAvalanche, Nov 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 HDMI audio fails

I have a Surface Pro 2 with Windows 10 upgrade. HDMI video works, but HDMI no longer functions. This used to work with the same mini port connector, HDMI cable, and HDMI monitor while using Windows 8.1. The device is detected and auto selected as the default
    playback device, but no sound. Test sounds do not work. Video sound doesn't work. There's definitely something wrong with the Win10 drivers.

Ideas?

callidusclark, Nov 30, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

On the computer go to Control Panel/Sounds/Playback devices, you should have an Intel Display Audio device, select this

spunk, Nov 30, 2016
  5. Frick Win User
    That is there. That is enabled. The problem is there is no HDMI option. For the sound to come through the HDMI-connected television instead of the laptop speakers.

Frick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No HDMI option in Playback, video works fine - Similar Threads - HDMI option Playback

2. Video playback not working right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video playback not working right: Hello! I have this strange problem where videos including watching on youtube have this weird effect on them. I reinstalled graphics drivers, but that only fixed the problem temporarily. [ATTACH][ATTACH]this is what the thumbnail looks like....
  3. Video Playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback: Why can I not watch any videos on my Windows 10 laptop. This includes YouTube and any video. The sound is perfect. There are lots of solutions on line but none work for me. Any help please?...
  4. HDMI audio working but video not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI audio working but video not working: Hi so when I plug my HDMI cable into my laptop it was originally playing the video but had an audio error so I did a troubleshoot and it fixed the audio but somehow the video has now stopped working, I've updated the drivers restarted my laptop multiple times, the TV is...
  5. video playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video playback: Using Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series and after a recent Window 10 update, all video playback and cursor movement are both choppy or stuttering. Audio is okay. I have updated all drivers but without any results. Thanks....
  6. No HDMI Audio options showing in playback

in Windows 10 Support
    No HDMI Audio options showing in playback: I just updated a gateway lt4004u laptop from windows 7 to 10. I am trying to use a tv as a monitor via hdmi which is working but I cant get the audio to work. Ive tried updating the drivers, right clicking to show hidden devices, and disabling, restarting and enabling again....
  7. Video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback: Just realized that videos that I can play back on Windows media player on my Vista laptop will not play back on my Windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback/93491059-7e45-440e-9434-5c9a30382d85
  8. Video Playback

Video Playback: When I go to Netflix, amazon video, u-tube etc. and play a video it goes to max size and I can see only about an eighth of it. Until I hit play, all is normal. I have looked at all settings and can find nothing. HELP!...
  9. Video playback

Video playback: Hi, my laptop recently crashed whilst playing video and now most of the time when playing video, be it using Google Chrome, Windows media player or even the video in the video playback settings, the red and green will be desaturated leaving mostly just the blue, dose not...
  10. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...