Windows 10: No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV.

Discus and support No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, So I have tried everything. I update the drivers for both my graphics cards and they are both the latest drivers. When I connect my TV to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by VISHWAS123, Mar 31, 2016.

1. No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV.

Hi,
    So I have tried everything. I update the drivers for both my graphics cards and they are both the latest drivers.

When I connect my TV to my laptop, the TV screen goes blank for a few seconds (normal) and then I get a searching for signals...and then a few minutes later....no signal.

The laptop is a brand new Acer aspire v nitro. The TV is a much older Samsung one 40 inch LED. Model number: ua40d5003br

I tried the usual Windows + p, etc...but like my computer just refuses to detect the display. Settings says no other display detected, and control panel display settings only shows one display. I factory reset the TV and everything....still nothing.
    I don't know how to use nvidia control panel to do this cos there is no display options I can see there and Intel HD graphics center doesn't detect the display either.

Any suggestions? The cable is 100% working and so is the TV. I don't really have any other way of testing the HDMI port on my laptop as the tv is the only output monitor I have.

Thanks in advance,
    Vishwas

:)

VISHWAS123, Mar 31, 2016

2. HDMI stopped working

A few days ago my computer (Asrock Vision HT) stopped outputting a video signal to my Samsung TV (UE55JU7005). I have replaced the HDMI cable and also switched to a different HDMI input on the TV, with no luck. The TV detects the signal and displays a device
    but Windows doesn't show the connected screen.

I have verified both the HDMI cable and the HDMI input on the Samsung TV works (connected my XBox with the same cable to the same HDMI input). I have verified the computer works by switching from HDMI output to DVI, which works fine. I also upgraded the
    Graphic card drivers (HD 4000) to the latest one from Intels support page. As the computer is a mini-pc I can't test replacing the graphic card.

I also tried connecting a DVI->HDMI adapter to the DVI port on the computer to exclude the problem is caused by a faulty HDMI port, but with the same result (TV detects the signal but Windows doesn't detect the TV).

Any advice is appreciated.

Alexander Gustafsson, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Samsung Smart TV

"I have a Samsung Smart TV (2013) and an HP laptop running Windows 8.1 (with option to upgrade to 10). I wish to watch internet based product on my TV which is not available with the native Samsung apps, but can
    be seen on the laptop. Samsung tell me that HDMI to HDMI will not work, OI need svideo. Is there a way to convert HDMI from computer to Svideo?"

GeoffCheesman, Mar 31, 2016
Thema:

No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV.

1. No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV. - Similar Threads - HDMI output laptop

2. want to connect my Samsung Smart TV to My laptop Windows 10 with HDMI and it is giving Me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to connect my Samsung Smart TV to My laptop Windows 10 with HDMI and it is giving Me...: want to connect my Samsung Smart TV to My laptop Windows 10 with HDMI and it is giving Me problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-connect-my-samsung-smart-tv-to-my-laptop/947d77e4-bca1-4fc4-b57c-effd27dd3d14
  3. want to connect my Samsung Smart TV to My laptop Windows 10 with HDMI and it is giving Me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to connect my Samsung Smart TV to My laptop Windows 10 with HDMI and it is giving Me...: want to connect my Samsung Smart TV to My laptop Windows 10 with HDMI and it is giving Me problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-connect-my-samsung-smart-tv-to-my-laptop/947d77e4-bca1-4fc4-b57c-effd27dd3d14
  4. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  5. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Support
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  6. TV Samsung pomocí HDMI -nepřehrává zvuk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Samsung pomocí HDMI -nepřehrává zvuk.: Potřebuji připojit k PC TV Samsung pomocí HDMI. Po připojení však TV nepřehrává zvuk. Informace uvádí, že tento typ TV nepodporuje PnP. Jak opravit ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-samsung-pomoc%C3%AD-hdmi/67689775-1def-46ec-a876-6e6e2eb12f87
  7. projecting my laptop to Samsung smart tv

projecting my laptop to Samsung smart tv: Hello, I have an Asus laptop x556uv running windows 10 and a Samsung smart TV of UHD 7 series model UE50RU7100UXMI. I'm trying to project my laptop screen to the TV wireless which is discovered by the computer but the connection fails Further investigation under...
  8. help to connect my laptop to HDMI tv

help to connect my laptop to HDMI tv: want to know how to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-connect-my-laptop-to-hdmi-tv/f301234a-47b0-410e-8db7-b232fbd30d18
  9. HDMI Output to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output to TV: I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I cannot get anything else from the computer to the TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV I see my background photo but I do not...
  10. Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop cannot connect Samsung TV with HDMI: I have DELL laptop Vostro 5000 series. After windows 10 update (April 2018), my laptop cannot connect my Samsung TV with HDMI cable. when i roll back update, everything goes well. 1) cable is Ok. 2) my drivers are installed and all update. 3) I tried to change resolution...