Windows 10: No HDMI signal?

Discus and support No HDMI signal? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This is a brand new Dell XPS 3890 dekstop; just got it last Tuesday (Windows 10 Home). I got notification from Dell that I had a BIOS update, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Nikilet, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

No HDMI signal?

This is a brand new Dell XPS 3890 dekstop; just got it last Tuesday (Windows 10 Home). I got notification from Dell that I had a BIOS update, so I clicked to install it. Ever since I installed it, whenever I put my computer to sleep, start or restart I get these messages on my black screen:
    Scanning for signal ...
    No HDMI signal found on your device.

I also just got a new Dell monitor last Friday.

Everything appears to be working fine, but there is obviously some kind of problem.

Can anyone give me any advice about this?

:)

Nikilet, Sep 24, 2018
  2. bha19 Win User

no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

bha19, Sep 24, 2018
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    display port to hdmi no signal

Do you have the latest drivers installed for the graphics card?

If new drivers or reloading graphics card drivers doesn't fix it, the next thing I would suggest is to try the display port to HDMI adapter a couple of us have suggested already with a regular HDMI cable. If your cable is bad or you just need an adapter because for some reason a straight cable won't work - spending $20 on the adapter is a lot cheaper than new graphics card. I just installed my GTX 970 card a week ago and I had plenty of HDMI cables so that is why I went with the adapter instead of buying a new display port to hdmi cable.

NavyLCDR, Sep 24, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

No HDMI signal?

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

No HDMI signal?

1. No HDMI signal? - Similar Threads - HDMI signal

2. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  3. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  4. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  5. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  6. Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...: Dear all,I have been so happy because I purchase a new computer screen. Namely the Dell U2723QE. Super excited.It should have been an easy plug and play, but it still does not work. My computer is a surface laptop 2 consumer model 1769 i5. I am using an HDMI to min display...
  7. Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...

Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...: Dear all,I have been so happy because I purchase a new computer screen. Namely the Dell U2723QE. Super excited.It should have been an easy plug and play, but it still does not work. My computer is a surface laptop 2 consumer model 1769 i5. I am using an HDMI to min display...
  8. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no hdmi signal on boot: after getting an black screen my pc is not booting my ram and c drive works 100% percent because im using an differant computer with it can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-no-hdmi-signal-on-boot/a56a365f-d813-42e0-a635-b9ce38bdec94
  9. pc no hdmi signal on boot

pc no hdmi signal on boot: after getting an black screen my pc is not booting my ram and c drive works 100% percent because im using an differant computer with it can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-no-hdmi-signal-on-boot/a56a365f-d813-42e0-a635-b9ce38bdec94
  10. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no hdmi signal from your device dell

2. no hdmi signal from your device

3. SCANNING FOR SIGNAL NO HDMI SIGNAL FROM THIS DEVICE

4. scanning no signal on hdmi monitor,
  5. no hdmi signal from your device dell xps,
  6. dell monitor no hdmi signal from your device,
  7. no hdmi signal,
  8. no hdmi signal from your device dell from computer to monitor,
  9. dell no hdmi signal from your device,
  10. hdmi no signal drivers installed windows 10,
  11. dell scanning for hdml signal no sign