Windows 10: No headset option?

Discus and support No headset option? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just built a pc recently and to my mistake, havent updated the drivers to anything. but, I have plugged in my headset but when I choose what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by denissey, Sep 7, 2020.

1. denissey Win User

No headset option?

I just built a pc recently and to my mistake, havent updated the drivers to anything. but, I have plugged in my headset but when I choose what I plugged in the only options are line in, mic in, and heaphones there was another option but I forgot it, I am so sorry, but no headset option. If I chose headphones, I can hear everything but the mic wont work. If I chose Mic in, the mic will work but I cant hear anything. What should I do to properly use my headset?

:)

denissey, Sep 7, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No headset option? :p

cadaveca, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue No headset option? :p

Solaris17, Sep 7, 2020
  4. No headset option?

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

No headset option?

1. No headset option? - Similar Threads - headset option

2. Why is my Realtek Audio manager not showing my detachable headset mic as an input option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my Realtek Audio manager not showing my detachable headset mic as an input option: I have a Windows 10 Tower PC one of those box computers and it has Realtek software that came with it. My headset has a detachable 3.5mm input for its mic that is detachable. It only does it for this PC and the mic is registered on other devices. My problem is: I'm trying to...
  3. Why is my Realtek Audio manager not showing my detachable headset mic as an input option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Realtek Audio manager not showing my detachable headset mic as an input option: I have a Windows 10 Tower PC one of those box computers and it has Realtek software that came with it. My headset has a detachable 3.5mm input for its mic that is detachable. It only does it for this PC and the mic is registered on other devices. My problem is: I'm trying to...
  4. Why is my Realtek Audio manager not showing my detachable headset mic as an input option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. In my laptop there is no headset audio out option? how to solve this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my laptop there is no headset audio out option? how to solve this?: when I connect my headset to my laptop it doesn't supporting to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-laptop-there-is-no-headset-audio-out-option/f8b1601c-7382-4608-a58e-642fd75c67e0
  6. In my laptop there is no headset audio out option? how to solve this?

In my laptop there is no headset audio out option? how to solve this?: when I connect my headset to my laptop it doesn't supporting to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-laptop-there-is-no-headset-audio-out-option/f8b1601c-7382-4608-a58e-642fd75c67e0
  7. Why does Windows 11 not display two options for Bluetooth devices, specifically "headset...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 not display two options for Bluetooth devices, specifically "headset...: In Windows 10, both 'headset stereo' and 'headset handsfree' were available for bluetooth headsets. However, in Windows 11, these options are not displayed any more. Is there a way to switch between these two options during a call or while listening to music in Windows 11?...
  8. Why does Windows 11 not display two options for Bluetooth devices, specifically "headset...

Why does Windows 11 not display two options for Bluetooth devices, specifically "headset...: In Windows 10, both 'headset stereo' and 'headset handsfree' were available for bluetooth headsets. However, in Windows 11, these options are not displayed any more. Is there a way to switch between these two options during a call or while listening to music in Windows 11?...
  9. realtek audio console does not have "headset with microphone" option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek audio console does not have "headset with microphone" option: i use an acer rog zephyrus g14 gaming laptop.i have tried all the basic fixes for this updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, setting default, configuration, and literally nothing works. this problem seems to be unique to me. when i use my headset, windows lumps in my...
  10. realtek audio console does not have "headset with microphone" option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtek audio console does not have "headset with microphone" option: i use an acer rog zephyrus g14 gaming laptop.i have tried all the basic fixes for this updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, setting default, configuration, and literally nothing works. this problem seems to be unique to me. when i use my headset, windows lumps in my...