Windows 10: No help found, update messed up my audio now there’s a weird echo?

Discus and support No help found, update messed up my audio now there’s a weird echo? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been at this for hour now, after updating to the new windows update it ruined my audio quality and now it sounds like I’m playing the sound in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theRyanSupreme, Aug 9, 2020.

1. No help found, update messed up my audio now there’s a weird echo?

I’ve been at this for hour now, after updating to the new windows update it ruined my audio quality and now it sounds like I’m playing the sound in a massive empty room, the help I’ve found is to change settings that I don’t have, uninstall and reinstall Realtek (which I don’t trust myself to do), and troubleshoot (which I tried and it said nothing was wrong). This happened the last time my computer updated and I was able to fix it then but now I feel like there’s less options than last time?

submitted by /u/theRyanSupreme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theRyanSupreme, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 update messed up audio

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Which update was installed? Can you help us with the update details?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles below:

Additional Information: If the issue persists, update the audio drivers from manufacturer's website.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 9, 2020
  3. My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Aug 9, 2020
  4. No help found, update messed up my audio now there’s a weird echo?

Windows 10 update messed with my audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Which update did you install prior to this issue?
    3. Are you seeing the Sound icon in the Taskbar?
    4. Are you seeing the Audio Drivers in the Device Manager?

Method 1: Fix sound problems after Windows Updates.

I would suggest you to go through
    Fix sound problems after Windows Updates
    and follow the troubleshooting mentioned in the article.

Method 2: Restarting Windows Audio Service.

Step 1: Press the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘R’ key at the same time and type ‘Devmgmt.msc
    and hit Enter.

Step 2: Search for ‘Windows Audio Service’ >
    Right Click on the service and click on Restart and check for the issue.

You may also refer,
    Audio Troubleshooting
    and see if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

No help found, update messed up my audio now there’s a weird echo?

1. No help found, update messed up my audio now there’s a weird echo? - Similar Threads - help found update

2. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  3. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  4. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Audio Echo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Echo: Hello everyone, recently I've been having problem with audio on my PC. First, my mic was really bad, but on phone really good, I assumed it was drivers, i installed older drivers, and issue is fixed. Only issue i have now is that my friends can hear my pc audio on discord or...
  6. Audio messed up

Audio messed up: I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get it out whatsoever. Can I use wireless headphones or USB headphones and still be able to listen to music and stuff. So my...
  7. Windows update messed my audio up

Windows update messed my audio up: So last night I did the windows update before getting off. Everything was working completely fine, my microphone, dac amp and headphones. Now my dac amp and microphone do not work anymore. I’m assuming the blame is to be put on the windows update as this has previously...
  8. Audio Echo

Audio Echo: Whenever I click something or say something, my computer echos it back. No microphone or headset is plugged in, and no applications are running. The troubleshooter cannot locate the problem. How can I fix this?...
  9. Audio got messed up by new 1909 update. Help?

Audio got messed up by new 1909 update. Help?: So the recent Windows 10 1909 update kind of completely screwed over my audio and it's extremely frustrating trying to find a solution for it for the last several hours. I have a G1 Sniper 2 motherboard with a Creative SB X-Fi MB2 soundcard in it. I've attached pictures of...
  10. Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Updates Mess up my Audio: I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over...