Windows 10: No hibernate option

Discus and support No hibernate option in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, because support for 7 had ended. Now I can't get my desktop computer to hibernate. I went into Settings, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by edg16, Feb 12, 2020.

1. edg16 Win User

No hibernate option

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, because support for 7 had ended. Now I can't get my desktop computer to hibernate. I went into Settings, and chose the option to hibernate by pressing the power button. No luck - that just powers down the computer. I suppose I could try restoring to an earlier point, but wouldn't that also take me back to Windows 7?

:)

edg16, Feb 12, 2020
  2. itiod Win User

Missing hibernate option in settings

Windows 10 laptop is missing the hibernate option, and hibernate is not listed in the shutdown settings.

No hibernate option 1bf71cba-6f10-4fb3-acfa-ca4b1d46684d.png

I was looking for the hibernate option because my laptop regularly crashes when I close the lid, and I was assuming this is why. I have been unable to find any solutions on the internet as all the results were how to enable hibernate in settings, but I don't
    have that option. Any suggestions?

itiod, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Feb 12, 2020
  4. No hibernate option

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

No hibernate option

1. No hibernate option - Similar Threads - hibernate option

2. hibernate option doesn't show on power menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hibernate option doesn't show on power menu: Hibernation works. I just don't have the option to select it from the power menu bar. I tried to turn it on using gpedit.msc. I don't see the option in my power options to enable it. I have a Lenovo x1c6. Thanks. submitted by /u/tonynca [link] [comments]...
  3. Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails: On a Dell Inspirion 15 3567 hibernate is not available as an option for the power button. This remains true even after following the tutorial and updating the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings). Am I out of...
  4. How to deactivate the login screen after power options/hibernation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to deactivate the login screen after power options/hibernation?: I have Windows 10 (1909) installed and since I don’t use a password on my computer I deactivated the login screen with the netplwiz command. That worked for restarts but when I reactivate my computer after hibernation, the login screen still appears and I have to click on...
  5. Fans running as I press the "hibernate" option

in Windows 10 Support
    Fans running as I press the "hibernate" option: Had a game of Fortnite running in the background and forgot to close it, and I was in a rush because I had to go somewhere. I quickly went to the Windows menu and pressed "hibernate" from my power options. My laptop screen turned off, everything worked, fans were still...
  6. Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option: I have noticed that after every update for Windows 10, the update removes my Hibernation option. I always have to use the command prompt with Administrator rights to reinstate the Hibernation option because it is has not been an option to restore it in the Settings (one...
  7. windows 10, Power options, hibernate

windows 10, Power options, hibernate: Using Windows 10 on desktop computer, how to put computer in hibernate vs sleep mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-power-options-hibernate/44f4e8e3-1eac-4dcd-a36f-0395c53ef99e
  8. Hibernate option not available

Hibernate option not available: i am on latest version of win 10 pro . I see no option under power options for hibernate . Is there a way to get hibernate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernate-option-not-available/b0971557-b841-430d-90d5-9a0f08c1bb6b
  9. Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?

Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?: I had previously activated the Hibernate option in Windows 10 due to it not being available by default when clicking the power button in the start menu. Now it has been removed and it does not seem possible to re-enable (see screenshot of power options below). I believe...
  10. After Reloading Windows I No Longer Have a Hibernate Option

After Reloading Windows I No Longer Have a Hibernate Option: After Reloading Windows I No Longer Have a Hibernate Option. Windows 10x64Home version 17763 8Gb ram i3-3225 Asrock Z68-ITX/HT Motherboard Upgraded from Win7 to 10 in 2015~16 Hibernation option was there 12-2018 Reloaded windows because of a dead Hard Drive and...