Windows 10: No hibernate option

Discus and support No hibernate option in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, because support for 7 had ended. Now I can't get my desktop computer to hibernate. I went into Settings, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by edg16, Feb 12, 2020.

1. edg16 Win User

No hibernate option

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, because support for 7 had ended. Now I can't get my desktop computer to hibernate. I went into Settings, and chose the option to hibernate by pressing the power button. No luck - that just powers down the computer. I suppose I could try restoring to an earlier point, but wouldn't that also take me back to Windows 7?

:)

edg16, Feb 12, 2020
  2. itiod Win User

Missing hibernate option in settings

Windows 10 laptop is missing the hibernate option, and hibernate is not listed in the shutdown settings.

No hibernate option 1bf71cba-6f10-4fb3-acfa-ca4b1d46684d.png

I was looking for the hibernate option because my laptop regularly crashes when I close the lid, and I was assuming this is why. I have been unable to find any solutions on the internet as all the results were how to enable hibernate in settings, but I don't
    have that option. Any suggestions?

itiod, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Feb 12, 2020
  4. No hibernate option

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

No hibernate option

1. No hibernate option - Similar Threads - hibernate option

2. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  3. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  4. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?

how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?: how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-hibernation-in-power-options-for/e56ccd8c-02bf-48cf-85c3-82b11ce3ef33
  6. how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11?: how do I enable hibernation in power options for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-hibernation-in-power-options-for/e56ccd8c-02bf-48cf-85c3-82b11ce3ef33
  7. hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE: I've tried looking for it in control panel but can't seem to find it. it was very helpful because on my Lenovo 11e there is a led for the ThinkPad logo and it gets very annoying when I'm trying to sleep, but I don't what to shut it down because I want to save my work. Also,...
  8. hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE

hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE: I've tried looking for it in control panel but can't seem to find it. it was very helpful because on my Lenovo 11e there is a led for the ThinkPad logo and it gets very annoying when I'm trying to sleep, but I don't what to shut it down because I want to save my work. Also,...
  9. Hibernate Option Missing Guarded Post Missing after Clean Install Using Installation Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate Option Missing Guarded Post Missing after Clean Install Using Installation Media: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But after the clean install with Windows 10 using installation media on USB, my computer kept freezing when idles. And then I only can restart my computer but cannot save my work. Online solution says I should click the hibernate option...
  10. Hibernate Option Missing Guarded Post Missing after Clean Install Using Installation Media

Hibernate Option Missing Guarded Post Missing after Clean Install Using Installation Media: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But after the clean install with Windows 10 using installation media on USB, my computer kept freezing when idles. And then I only can restart my computer but cannot save my work. Online solution says I should click the hibernate option...