Windows 10: No hints for maximized windows

Discus and support No hints for maximized windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some programs I use need to have hints, or tips, shown. A debugger is the most important example for me but for my customers it is the apps I develop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martincg, Apr 13, 2016.

1. martincg Win User

No hints for maximized windows

Some programs I use need to have hints, or tips, shown. A debugger is the most important example for me but for my customers it is the apps I develop. If I maximize a window then hints are turned off as though I'm in tablet mode which I am not. Sometimes this doesn't happen but in the last 3 months I can only remember a few occasions where hints worked on a full screen app.
    For the moment I have written a program which runs in the background and changes any full screen windows to be a few pixels smaller and this works, but I would prefer a proper solution. I am surprised that I can't find anything about this problem as though I am the only person to have it.
    Anyone know how to solve this or is it a bug in W10 waiting to be fixed?

:)

martincg, Apr 13, 2016
  2. mbbartus Win User

Firmware Update for E52? Any hints for publishing date?

There is a serious error in BT system, they have to fix it. The system disconnects from car system after 2 munutes.

mbbartus, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Hints for new N95/8GB firmware

Just some ideas that would be nice if included in the next update;

T9; being able to delete variable words that users input in "spell". annoying getting ie (1st choice) instead of he (3rd choice)

Faster USB transfer speeds for the 8GB version, it to me is so slow right now

Slide to hang up in call, only available as a third party, unsigned application despite other nokia sliding phones having it

Flash player properly locating flash files in memory, instead of having to locate it yourself in file explorer

Spiderman 3 activation issue addressed somehow (I lost it through updating and loosing key)

Camera shutter tone: being allowed to turn it off and the red light at night!!

Ringing tone list: dont include MP3s!

Probably loads more which I'll add as I remember

veraboi690, Apr 13, 2016
  4. No hints for maximized windows

Hello martincg Welcome to the Ten Forums!

Full screen anything does put a stop rather quickly to pop up preview type thumbnails doesn't it? Rather then pixel reduction offering an option for running programs in a windowed but still able to be maximized mode would be one idea on how to go about solving that. In fact when recently recording some YouTube clips with a recording program the program or pc game being recorded had to be run in a windowed mode in order to see the best results as well as allowing access to the control functions for the software being used to record them with.

Sometimes that would result in seeing windows a bit smaller then preferred but also allowed being able to pause the game or app and move the cursor anywhere while the recording itself was also paused. If a game crashed that was a large help seeing the pause option on the recorder in use as well as having things being run in the windowed mode from the start. There are a few older pc game titles that can be run in the windowed mode by hitting the Alt/Enter key combo but still not allow you to move the cursor out of the game window itself until exiting the game entirely. That was how those old titles were written being a potential drawback for other things as well. You would need to take that type of situation into account when working on the programming end.

Night Hawk, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

No hints for maximized windows

1. No hints for maximized windows - Similar Threads - hints maximized

2. This is only a hint to show you how hacker try to enter my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is only a hint to show you how hacker try to enter my PC: The message was supported by a voice message. I was threatened that if I didn't access it immediately my PC would be disconnected from Windows for security reasons. The windows couldn't be closed, the PC didn't respond to anything. I shut it down and unplugged the router....
  3. This is only a hint to show you how hacker try to enter my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is only a hint to show you how hacker try to enter my PC: The message was supported by a voice message. I was threatened that if I didn't access it immediately my PC would be disconnected from Windows for security reasons. The windows couldn't be closed, the PC didn't respond to anything. I shut it down and unplugged the router....
  4. How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password: How do you change or delete the Password Hint on the sign-in screen? The Hint is no longer helpful because my password has been changed and I there are no instructions on how to revise or delete the Hint....
  5. How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password

How do you revise or delete the Hint on the sign-in page if you forget your password: How do you change or delete the Password Hint on the sign-in screen? The Hint is no longer helpful because my password has been changed and I there are no instructions on how to revise or delete the Hint....
  6. Pin hint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin hint: Issue: I do not know how to add a pin hint or use password insteadI had a password and i liked it, but i disliked how i had a Microsoft account connected to windows, so i made my account local and then got forced to get a pin instead of a password if i tried to get a password...
  7. Pin hint

Pin hint: Issue: I do not know how to add a pin hint or use password insteadI had a password and i liked it, but i disliked how i had a Microsoft account connected to windows, so i made my account local and then got forced to get a pin instead of a password if i tried to get a password...
  8. My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...: I am in a big panicMy Mac book just got fixed, but I might of soft locked it! My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log in and change my hint to be gone!Do you know how i can fix it? If so can you tell me exactly how to fix...
  9. My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...

My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log...: I am in a big panicMy Mac book just got fixed, but I might of soft locked it! My Mac book password is nothing, but when I press enter, it brings up the hint! I can't log in and change my hint to be gone!Do you know how i can fix it? If so can you tell me exactly how to fix...
  10. How do i disable kinds looks hinted symbols to me

How do i disable kinds looks hinted symbols to me: When playing games pressing spacebar to jump i cannot jump and it shows me the bar of something hinted symbolsTried disabling everything but didnt work...