Windows 10: No History in IE

Discus and support No History in IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE 9, Windows 10, history not saving. "Delete browsing history on exit" unchecked.*Sleepy Don Cole 72568 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by doncole, Dec 15, 2016.

1. doncole Win User

No History in IE

IE 9, Windows 10, history not saving.
    "Delete browsing history on exit" unchecked.*Sleepy

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Dec 15, 2016

2. How to clear marketplace cache

Hi. I am sure about that No History in IE :). Clearing IE history even does not clear IE history, so I am sure it does not clear marketplace cache.

Not that it is a big concern, but should I open a different topic on the fact that the procedure to clear IE history does not clear IE history ?

Gunther Coppens, Dec 15, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    adds on internet explorer lumia 435

Did you restore your phone from a backup? You brought IE history with the restore.

Close all open IE tabs and delete history

garym123, Dec 15, 2016
  4. No History in IE

By chance do you have any other tools like CC Cleaner installed that maybe sweeping. New AV or other utilities?

This will sound goofy. Place the check mark back in box, click okay. Use the browser, close the browser, maybe even reboot. Come back in an uncheck box.

You say IE 9. Is it truly IE 9 and did you downgrade for a specific purpose. If it really is IE9 I'm not sure that is even supported under Windows 10. It may run but could produce interesting results.

Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    Really? How?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...9-details.aspx

6. doncole Win User
    Sorry I made an error in my post.

I'm really using Internet Explorer 11 version 11.0.24

Don Cole

doncole, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Thanks. If you haven't made a lot of custom changes under the advance tab you could "Restore Advance Settings" and "reset" IE to see if behavior changes. Click on gear upper right of IE window, cliclk on Internet option, click on advance tab.

Caledon Ken, Dec 16, 2016
  8. doncole Win User

No History in IE

Thank you Caledon Ken,

I did as you said.

Now I get no text in IE Title Bar;

Don Cole

doncole, Dec 18, 2016
  9. Interesting. Resetting the browser should not have any impact on Window titles. Did history start to accumulate? You might try resetting again and doing a reboot.

Started my IE. I do not have a windows title for window, nor do I have in chrome or edge. Just to be clear are we talking window titles or Tabs titles?

Caledon Ken, Dec 18, 2016
  10. doncole Win User
    I reset, rebooted and restarted, still no title bar text. No history.
    Tabs are ok, always were.

All other windows are ok only Internet Explorer window has no text in title bar.

Don Cole

doncole, Dec 19, 2016
  11. Well as I said my IE, Edge and Chrome do not have titles. Word and excel, teamviewer do. This is on all my devices.

If you go into Internet options and in the section "Browsing History", click on settings, click on History tab, how many days is it set for? I would have thought in a reset this would be set back to something like twenty. Maybe yours is at twenty.

Do you have any kind of cleaner product or other "Like" utilities that you recently installed or updated. Norton Utilities, CC Cleaner etc.

Caledon Ken, Dec 20, 2016
  12. doncole Win User
    I have 20 days set.

I have three users, Don, 2, Mac.
    I don't remember how I added them.

Don has no history. However when I can change the Windows Title Bar font size (with the help of Winaero Tweaker).
    I know what your thinking but the history didn't work before I installed Winero Tweaker.
    When I reboot or change users and come back to don again the font size holds. I don't have to reset it anymore,

With Doncole2 the history works but when I change the font size of the Windows Title Bars (even with the help of Winero Tweaker) the font size dosen't hold when I change user or reboot. I have to set it again.

A simple solution to my problem would switch to the 2 user. However I don't want to have reset the Windows Title Bar font size every time I reboot or switch user.

Mac is pretty much the same as Doncole2.

By the way the text showed IE for all three users before I Restored Advanced Settings. Now I dosen't show any of them.
    An other solution would be to use Microsoft Edge.
    That history working. But I simply don't like Microscoft Edge.

Don Cole

doncole, Dec 20, 2016
  13. No History in IE

Really interesting. All the searching I've done I don't see any other answers. I saw posts on changing group policies but they weren't really related to this. Restore Advance Settings takes you back to defaults and there is nothing about text except in the section Accessibility with an option to "Reset Text size to medium for new windows and tabs" You will see it near top.

You could establish another user and see if that user, with your tweaker installed, behaves differently. To add / delete users enter settings, click on accounts, down the left is "Family and other people".

Have you considered a non MS browser which I know is not a fix?

I apologized as I must have missed answer to "Do you have any cleaner or other Utilities running ?"

Caledon Ken, Dec 20, 2016
  14. doncole Win User
    I figured out how I created Don, 2 and Mac.

I created them back when I had Windows 8.1.
    I finally figured out how to create a 3 with Windows 10.
    Low and behold the IE 11 has text in the Title Bar.
    The history works.
    However changing the font size doesn't stick.
    This is very important to me. I don't want set Title Bar font size every time I restart the computer.

I wonder why the Don user is the only one that (the Title Bar font) sticks.
    Don was the first one I created when I first got the computer.
    What different about user Don that it saves the fonts with Winaero Tweaker. It didn't before the Tweaker.

The only thing I'm using is Kaspersky before during and after the problems.

I think the problem is user(s) profiles are corrupt..

Don Cole

doncole, Dec 25, 2016
  15. I think as we read these forums we see a lot of corrupted profiles and they manifest themselves in an assortment of flavors. Start buttons, task bar use, logins, presentations in File Explorer, context menus, etc.

It would be interesting to get a list of suspects profile issues and then ask users are they using local or Microsoft accounts to see if there is a pattern. Not saying either is broken but I have to ask, why is creating another user listed as a fix for so many issues.

Caledon Ken, Dec 25, 2016
Thema:

No History in IE

1. No History in IE - Similar Threads - History

2. History of windows antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    History of windows antivirus: I have a problem cause in my history is like every single thing on my PC and now i cant even open that history cause it freeze and after 5 seconds it will shut down always. I can open that before like 2 weeks but now i cant....
  3. History of windows antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    History of windows antivirus: I have a problem cause in my history is like every single thing on my PC and now i cant even open that history cause it freeze and after 5 seconds it will shut down always. I can open that before like 2 weeks but now i cant....
  4. History of windows antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  6. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  7. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  8. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  9. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?: Why doesn't File History show all my folders? To find my backed up file I followed the suggested path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup / One Drive etc.But only about two thirds of my One Drive folders were available.Eventually I tracked down the folder that I...