Windows 10: No Home Wifi Listed

Discus and support No Home Wifi Listed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm facing a problem regarding my home wifi..it's not listed on my wifi section..but when someone make a wifi hotspot through mobile data, it pick it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by unisus21, Mar 30, 2016.

1. unisus21 Win User

No Home Wifi Listed

I'm facing a problem regarding my home wifi..it's not listed on my wifi section..but when someone make a wifi hotspot through mobile data, it pick it up and listed..but not my home wifi..my computer acer aspire 4715z with broadcom 802.11g driver adapter listed..I tried bunch of method yet still zero result..is there any solutions out there..

:)

unisus21, Mar 30, 2016
  2. AtulTegar Win User

Windows 10: Wifi connection problem and Wi-Fi name is disappeared from the Wi-Fi list.

Original Title: Wifi connection problem

I am using Windows 10. The wifi list is showing my home wifi network and whenever I click on Connect, it displays connecting and after few seconds my adapter disabled and its not connected to my home wifi and also my Home Wifi name disappeared from Wifi
    list. I restart my laptop several times and still no luck. I also disabled and enabled it and also downloaded new drivers for the wifi adapter. But still its not connecting.

Please help me to solve this problem at the earliest.

Thanks

AtulTegar, Mar 30, 2016
  3. bezzey Win User
    N97 Wifi/Operator Problem.

Once I've left home and my home Wifi connection is out of reach, my N97 keep searching for Wifi points and displays a list of Wifi points it has found. I have set my Operator Internet connection as priority 1 and my home Wifi as priority 2 in Settings>Connectvity>Destinations>Internet.
    What do I change so that my N97 will automatically connect to the operator internet when I am out of my home Wifi connection area and when I enter my home Wifi area from being connected to the operator Internet connection, it automatically connects to my home
    Wifi?.

bezzey, Mar 30, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

No Home Wifi Listed

Hello and welcome to the TenForums,

This is just a suggestion but I wonder if your home Wifi has been set up so that its SSID (the name of your wifi connection) is hidden? You would need to go into the admin section of the router by connecting to it (the router manual will show you how or it might be shown on a label and will look something like http://192.168.1.254) and make sure the SSID is visible.

philc43, Mar 30, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Mar 30, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Really need more info. I doubt that it is Wifi Sense. Do you have the SSID hidden, or is it public? Have you made any changes to the setup for what services are running, did you install any software for controlling the Wifi, or install any third party Internet security software on the laptop.

bro67, Mar 31, 2016
  7. unisus21 Win User
    That's odd..my home wireless are connected just now..a minute ago it is not listed at all..after I turn off n on router..it's back..what caused this..did I have defective router or just win 10 defective driver(broadcom in particular)?

unisus21, Mar 31, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

No Home Wifi Listed

Yes it would be a router issue. Usually happens when you are on channel 11 or a congested channel.

bro67, Mar 31, 2016
  9. unisus21 Win User
    Not know what channel I was on right now..not know how to check this channel also..should I reset my router to proper channel? So what is proper channel?

unisus21, Mar 31, 2016
  10. You need to use some form of scanner to display the channels that your neighbours are on, and their relative strengths. Then choose an unused channel, preferably 5 away from all the others, or at least from the strongest.

I use an app called Wifi Analyser on Google Play, screenshot below.

No Home Wifi Listed [​IMG]

nigelmercier, Mar 31, 2016
  11. Just a thought but it has happened to me twice. On my HP laptop the ethernet driver gets an update and it knocks out the wireless while updating the driver so to find my router again ( which has a hidden SSID ), I have to go into the router settings and enable the SSID so that the wireless setup can find it and I can connect. Then I have to go into the wireless connection properties and check mark the box for "Always connect even if SSID is hidden ".
    Hope this helps

CADesertRat, Apr 1, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Resetting the router is not how you fix things. You access your router through the admin login and change the channel in Wifi.

bro67, Apr 1, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

No Home Wifi Listed

Hiding thr SSID is a false sense of security and causes more problems than some trnd to believe.

bro67, Apr 1, 2016
  14. Out of sight, out of mind. My router password helps also I'm sure.

CADesertRat, Apr 1, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    Would not be that hard to get the actual password. We are talking about the fact that you like others think that kiding the SSID is going to keep people from gaining access to it. Not that hard to packet sniff and oull the Passphrase.

bro67, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

No Home Wifi Listed

1. No Home Wifi Listed - Similar Threads - Home Wifi Listed

2. Unable to see home network on available wifi list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see home network on available wifi list: Recently lost connection to my home wifi network and when I went to reconnect, my home network was not listed. I can see other networks available, but not my own. Other devices are on my network and working fine. O/S is windows 8.1So far, I have done the following:Rebooted my...
  3. Unable to see home network on available wifi list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see home network on available wifi list: Recently lost connection to my home wifi network and when I went to reconnect, my home network was not listed. I can see other networks available, but not my own. Other devices are on my network and working fine. O/S is windows 8.1So far, I have done the following:Rebooted my...
  4. WiFi is no longer listed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi is no longer listed: This started when I didn't see my networks list when I left clicked my network icon in the taskbar. There is no WiFi listed on my network and internet settings list. I went into services to see if WLAN was running and it wasn't. I went to start it and these screens came up....
  5. WiFi is no longer listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi is no longer listed: This started when I didn't see my networks list when I left clicked my network icon in the taskbar. There is no WiFi listed on my network and internet settings list. I went into services to see if WLAN was running and it wasn't. I went to start it and these screens came up....
  6. WiFi is no longer listed

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi: Just installed a new router. I'm using windows 10. When I click on show available networks mine does not show up. This is only applicable for this laptop. It does connect to the router using an ethernet cord and the laptop shows many networks out there, just not mine. I...
  8. Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to: My windows 10 laptop suddenly stopped showing my home WiFi network and thus I’m unable to connect to WiFi on this machine. Other networks are appearing in the list, and my home network appears on every other WiFi device I have in the house. For some reason, only on my windows...
  9. Home WiFi disappearing from WiFi list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Home WiFi disappearing from WiFi list: Hey guys Hope you can help me in this times of Corona... I have an Asus notebook (A43 series) and for some months now my home WiFi disappears from the WiFi list intermittently. It’s weird because my home WiFi works perfectly well with all devices here. And it’s not like the...
  10. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...