Windows 10: No Home Wifi Listed

Discus and support No Home Wifi Listed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Would not be that hard to get the actual password. We are talking about the fact that you like others think that kiding the SSID is going to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by unisus21, Mar 30, 2016.

1. No Home Wifi Listed

1- I know nothing is 100% which you suggest that I'm obviously too stupid or naive to understand.
    2- I would certainly rather hide the SSID and put in a password rather than leaving everything wide open, or is that your plan of security?
    Have a good night *Smile

CADesertRat, Apr 1, 2016
  2. bro67 Win User

Nothing is wide open if thr SSID is not hidden. As I stated before. It gives a false sense of security.

The radio is still going to be seen, because it is always broadcasting a signal.

This is something that has been gone over for a very long time, that it is a feature that the vendors need to do away with.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Home Wifi Listed

1. No Home Wifi Listed - Similar Threads - Home Wifi Listed

2. Unable to see home network on available wifi list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see home network on available wifi list: Recently lost connection to my home wifi network and when I went to reconnect, my home network was not listed. I can see other networks available, but not my own. Other devices are on my network and working fine. O/S is windows 8.1So far, I have done the following:Rebooted my...
  3. Unable to see home network on available wifi list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see home network on available wifi list: Recently lost connection to my home wifi network and when I went to reconnect, my home network was not listed. I can see other networks available, but not my own. Other devices are on my network and working fine. O/S is windows 8.1So far, I have done the following:Rebooted my...
  4. WiFi is no longer listed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi is no longer listed: This started when I didn't see my networks list when I left clicked my network icon in the taskbar. There is no WiFi listed on my network and internet settings list. I went into services to see if WLAN was running and it wasn't. I went to start it and these screens came up....
  5. WiFi is no longer listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi is no longer listed: This started when I didn't see my networks list when I left clicked my network icon in the taskbar. There is no WiFi listed on my network and internet settings list. I went into services to see if WLAN was running and it wasn't. I went to start it and these screens came up....
  6. WiFi is no longer listed

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi: Just installed a new router. I'm using windows 10. When I click on show available networks mine does not show up. This is only applicable for this laptop. It does connect to the router using an ethernet cord and the laptop shows many networks out there, just not mine. I...
  8. Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Home WiFi suddenly stopped appearing in list of networks to connect to: My windows 10 laptop suddenly stopped showing my home WiFi network and thus I’m unable to connect to WiFi on this machine. Other networks are appearing in the list, and my home network appears on every other WiFi device I have in the house. For some reason, only on my windows...
  9. Home WiFi disappearing from WiFi list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Home WiFi disappearing from WiFi list: Hey guys Hope you can help me in this times of Corona... I have an Asus notebook (A43 series) and for some months now my home WiFi disappears from the WiFi list intermittently. It’s weird because my home WiFi works perfectly well with all devices here. And it’s not like the...
  10. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...