Windows 10: no hotmail in windows 10 mail app

Discus and support no hotmail in windows 10 mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; why is my hotmail mail account not showing in windows 10 mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Uli & Renate Hess, May 4, 2020.

1. no hotmail in windows 10 mail app

why is my hotmail mail account not showing in windows 10 mail app

:)

Uli & Renate Hess, May 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. no hotmail in windows 10 mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 4, 2020
  3. DMO
    dmo Win User
    Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

4. Tetsu Win User

no hotmail in windows 10 mail app

Problems with syncing on Windows 10 mail app

I have 3 accounts (2 gmail, 1 hotmail) on mail app. I can delete, move and do everything from the app without any problems.
    However, on Hotmail, if I will delete or move some mails with the browser, on the app the old (these that I deleted or moved with the browser) mails are still there like I didn't deleted or moved them with my browser. I

Does anyone else has this problem? I don't have that problem with my 2 Gmail accounts but only on my Hotmail, the old mails that I deleted from the browser are still shown on the app.
    Obviously I can delete these old emails again from the app but it would be better if they were syncing with my browser like they should normally do.

Short explanation:

• I delete or move emails from the Windows 10 mail app email: > Everything works fine. On browser I can see the changes.

• I delete or move emails from the browser: > Not working. On Windows 10 app the deleted emails and the ones I moved are still there on inbox like I didn't touched them.

Also, where I can find the location that my emails from the app are stored on the computer?

Tetsu, May 4, 2020
Thema:

no hotmail in windows 10 mail app

1. no hotmail in windows 10 mail app - Similar Threads - hotmail mail app

2. Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app not syncing with my Hotmail account - works fine on web or mobile app: Hi, I have two Hotmail accounts set up in Windows 10 Mail and suddenly this morning one of them no longer syncs. The animated dots run along under the Search bar, but it still says "Nothing has arrived yet". I've got no problem with the other Hotmail account, and the...
  3. blackmail mail from hotmail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blackmail mail from hotmail: I received the following blackmail from a hotmail account: Stavros Ravitzky <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> please advise what can be done. If needed, I can send a copy of the mail. Regards, Nurit Hadari...
  4. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  5. Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails

Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails: For the last weeks, I get the following persistent message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested actions. Please install an email program, or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." And my...
  6. Hotmail-Account has Proplem in Mail for Windows 10 App

Hotmail-Account has Proplem in Mail for Windows 10 App: Since Friday my app said that there was a problem with my Hotmail-Account but failed to repair it. Today I got frustrated and deleted the connection to the app, now when I tried to reestablish it I get an error message 0x80090027 with out any further explanation and told to...
  7. Contacts from Windows 10 Mail app not syncing to Hotmail

Contacts from Windows 10 Mail app not syncing to Hotmail: I have my Hotmail account setup in the Mail app. I fi create contacts in the Mail app, they are not syncing back to Hotmail, even though I have it setup to do so. I can go and force a sync but they never show up in Hotmail....
  8. Windows 10 mail (hotmail) contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail (hotmail) contacts: How do I import my Windows 10 mail (hotmail) contacts into EM Client? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-hotmail-contacts/ef8eeada-a60c-40b3-95b2-03a6557a93fc"
  9. My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10"...

My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10"...: Hi Microsoft, My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10" insted. I want to get my signature to be reflected on app from my hotmail account without re-configuring it on Mail app. Thank You...
  10. Windows mail removes mail from hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows mail removes mail from hotmail: I started using windows mail for my msn account and i recently moved to a new pc and when i configured it none of my old emails were there. I logged into hotmail and they were not there either. Does windows mail remove the mail from hotmail? 82973