Windows 10: no hybrid sleep option

Discus and support no hybrid sleep option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problem in Windows 10 with all possible updates. In Control panel\Hardware and sound\Power options\Edit plan settings, option "Change advanced power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoseGuimaraes1966, Mar 29, 2021.

1. no hybrid sleep option

Problem in Windows 10 with all possible updates. In Control panel\Hardware and sound\Power options\Edit plan settings, option "Change advanced power settings", there is no "Allow hybrid sleep" under the tab "Sleep". The options are "Sleep after", "Hibernate after" and "Allow wake timers".

Hyper-V is disabled. I unchecked the option in "Turn windows features on and off". However, when using systeminfo.exe in powershell, there appears the following:

Hyper-V Requirements: A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

This occurs even after reboot. After

powercfg /availablesleepstates

the result is:

The following sleep states are available on this system:

Standby S1 S3

Hibernate

Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:

Standby S2

The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby S0 Low Power Idle

The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Hybrid Sleep

The hypervisor does not support this standby state.

I have tried all hints that I found in the web. None has worked.

:)

JoseGuimaraes1966, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

I suggest you go to the Asus support site and get another copy of the display driver then install it.
    While you're there, check for any Bios updates.

You can turn on hybrid sleep in Power options, <current power plan>, Change advanced settings.
    Hybrid sleep - The Old New Thing
    - There is no display of its name. It is either on or it is off. If it is on then telling your computer to sleep makes it go into hybrid sleep.
    - I don't suggest altering as important a setting as this until you have resolved your current issue.

This extract from Win7 Help is the clearest explanation I have seen
    Denis

3. How to disable "hybrid sleep" after the latest Windows 10 update (1803)?

Hello try these steps to disable hybrid sleep

Click on Start button (or Win-X Power User Menu in Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8), then go to Control Panel .

Click on System and Maintenance link, then click on Power Options to run the applet.

Click on Change plan settings under the active selected power plan, i.e. the one which are ticked.

Change Windows Power Settings

On the “Change settings for the plan” page, click on Change advanced power settings.

Change Advanced Windows Power Settings

On the “Advanced settings” tab of “Power Options”, expand Sleep tree, then expand Allow hybrid sleep subtree.

Depending on your computer power configuration, you will see different options available:

For desktop computer relying on AC power, select On from the drop-down list of “Settings” option. On this system on direct current, it’s best to use Hybrid Sleep to ensure that system state is intact when memory is losing power.

For notebook and laptop computer or probably those on UPS, there are 2 settings available – “On battery” and “Plugged in”. Select Off from the drop-down list as the value for both options.

Turn Off Hybrid Sleep

Click on bottom “OK” button when done.

Click “Save changes” if the button is not grayed out.

Please let me know if that helps

MikeSnyder61704, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

no hybrid sleep option

sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

"I don't suggest altering as important a setting as this until you have resolved your current issue."

No, just the normal Sleep entry

"I suggest you go to the Asus support site and get another copy of the display driver then install it.
    While you're there, check for any Bios updates."

Denis

Thema:

no hybrid sleep option

1. no hybrid sleep option - Similar Threads - hybrid sleep option

2. Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - ": I want to use Hybrid Sleep on a PC that can go to sleep when not in use, but comes back fast restore from sleep faster than restore from Hibernate. We also have frequent power outages and want to be sure it won't lose anything if the power fails while it's asleep. Hybrid...
  3. Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - ": I want to use Hybrid Sleep on a PC that can go to sleep when not in use, but comes back fast restore from sleep faster than restore from Hibernate. We also have frequent power outages and want to be sure it won't lose anything if the power fails while it's asleep. Hybrid...
  4. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  5. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  6. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Sleep: I have looked at the web and whilst some say it is a beneficial feature, others say to disable it. I read one link that stated even Microsoft recommended disabling it to prevent it from interfering with Windows updates. I have it disabled at present. Comments please. 173412
  7. Hybrid sleep not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hybrid sleep not working: This started happening after i reset my pc. I have background apps for my mic and customization purposes, but when my computer goes to sleep, they all stop working once i wake it up. I asked a while ago and they said to enable hybrid sleep, but it is on and has been on for a...
  8. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hybrid Sleep: Hi all, I'm trying to find instructions for Hybrid Sleep, but my Googles keep showing me Power options which are absent from myWindows Version 2004 20H1 - OS Build v19041.508, 64-bit OS, Installed on 1-Jun-2020. Can anyone please direct me to Hybrid Sleep setup...
  9. Enabling Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Enabling Hybrid Sleep: Hello all! I hope to be a frequent contributor but I joined specifically to try and find a definitive answer to a question that I cannot find fully answered anywhere. I want my Windows 10 HP All-In-One desktop to enter hybrid sleep after I'm through with my work and be...
  10. Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?: Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep in Windows 10? This is what WIkipedia says in the article about Sleep mode: Sleep mode and hibernation can be combined: the contents of RAM are first copied to non-volatile storage like for regular hibernation, but then, instead of...