Windows 10: No Icon showing New or Old.

Discus and support No Icon showing New or Old. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need help. I installed software from 'GiveAway of the Day' periodically for many years. This is the first time of any issues. I installed 'Msteh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tsmith642000, Jul 14, 2020.

1. No Icon showing New or Old.

I need help. I installed software from 'GiveAway of the Day' periodically for many years. This is the first time of any issues.
    I installed 'Msteh Desktop Organizer' and it worked fine till it didn't. I uninstalled the software and as far as I can tell it is gone.
    1 of the features is to hide desktop icons. But for some particular reason, this feature is still active and I cannot get my icons to show on the desktop.
    I need help restoring the icons. There is something leftover from Mstech still in my system.
    All of my system restore points are not there anymore I don't know why.
    Can someone help?

I can open up a desktop folder and see what is suppose to show, but none show on desktop.

Windows10 vr1909

:)

tsmith642000, Jul 14, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 14, 2020
  4. No Icon showing New or Old.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

No Icon showing New or Old.

1. No Icon showing New or Old. - Similar Threads - Icon showing Old

2. Windows10 start menu showing old icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 start menu showing old icons: Hi, I recently repaired my windows 10 with iso file, not a clean install then I noticed that the start menu icons are old and not transparent. I tried some solutions like deleting the folder named 100 in :...
  3. Windows10 start menu showing old icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 start menu showing old icons: Hi, I recently repaired my windows 10 with iso file, not a clean install then I noticed that the start menu icons are old and not transparent. I tried some solutions like deleting the folder named 100 in :...
  4. Windows10 start menu showing old icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 app showing old icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 app showing old icon: I tried AtlasOS and then install back to Windows10 and I realized this icon is so old idk what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-showing-old-icon/9eec9c82-eda0-4612-99a1-f5f310a5e258
  6. Windows 10 app showing old icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 app showing old icon: I tried AtlasOS and then install back to Windows10 and I realized this icon is so old idk what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-showing-old-icon/9eec9c82-eda0-4612-99a1-f5f310a5e258
  7. Windows 10 app showing old icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Search still shows old icons after updating.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search still shows old icons after updating.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_sahil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8jm8d/search_still_shows_old_icons_after_updating/
  9. App searches still show old icons

App searches still show old icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VincentJoshuaET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftewvf/app_searches_still_show_old_icons/
  10. How to change the new Edge icon to the old one?

How to change the new Edge icon to the old one?: I don't like the new Edge icon. It looks a bit like the Firefox icon. Is there a way to get back the old icon? submitted by /u/workalkoholic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtptvd/how_to_change_the_new_edge_icon_to_the_old_one/