Windows 10: No icons appear on the screen anywhere.

Discus and support No icons appear on the screen anywhere. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new computer recently and andit has been working just fine until now. When i loqd up the computer no icons apear anywhere, on the top or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BhanuGh, Jun 8, 2020.

1. BhanuGh Win User

No icons appear on the screen anywhere.

I bought a new computer recently and andit has been working just fine until now. When i loqd up the computer no icons apear anywhere, on the top or taskbar. I trued to find a solution but the ones i found about explorer.exe wont work because when i try to open it up rhat doesnt appear eather. Nothing on the raskbar works eather and the pnly things a can do are use theshortcuts on the keyboard and ope the menu when you right click. Please let me know if you know how i can fix this.

:)

BhanuGh, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile No icons appear on the screen anywhere. :)

Naki, Jun 8, 2020
  3. JulieK101 Win User
    On screen keyboard pops-up at boot and desktop icon cannot be adjust

Vanessa,

Thank you so much for trying to help with a few of my problems. I have tried the steps you listed above and the keyboard is turned to off but it still continues to appear when I restart the computer and the Auto Arrange Icons is not checked but the icons
    continue to move to the middle of my screen.

Do you have any other suggestions for these issues and with my McAfee?

JulieK101, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. No icons appear on the screen anywhere. - Similar Threads - icons appear screen

2. Optical Drive Not Appearing Anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optical Drive Not Appearing Anywhere: My CD/DVD Drive has stopped working. I am unable to find it in File Explorer or System. I never tinker with the Registry so I haven't looked there and I know nothing about editing the registry. But if there may be something there I should check, I can follow directions....
  3. Optical Drive Not Appearing Anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optical Drive Not Appearing Anywhere: My CD/DVD Drive has stopped working. I am unable to find it in File Explorer or System. I never tinker with the Registry so I haven't looked there and I know nothing about editing the registry. But if there may be something there I should check, I can follow directions....
  4. Optical Drive Not Appearing Anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE: So it seems as if my windows administrator account has been completely wiped, now it was because I was sharing a computer, which I no longer am and my cousin "accidentally" deleted the administrator account and now has sent me on this headache of trying to get it back. Any...
  6. Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE: So it seems as if my windows administrator account has been completely wiped, now it was because I was sharing a computer, which I no longer am and my cousin "accidentally" deleted the administrator account and now has sent me on this headache of trying to get it back. Any...
  7. Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Icon keeps appearing on the screen

Icon keeps appearing on the screen: Hi I am running Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I brought a numerical keypad to use with it, but every time I press on a key an icon flashes up on the screen... [ATTACH] Any way that I can stop this from happening? Thanks,...
  9. Teredo is not appearing anywhere on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo is not appearing anywhere on my PC: Hey i need some serious help. So when i try to play Forza horizon 4 on the PC i cant get into a multiplayer game. It states HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo SP1Installed REG_DWORD 0x1 RefreshInterval REG_DWORD 0x14...
  10. External SSD Doesn't appears anywhere

External SSD Doesn't appears anywhere: Hi, some time ago I changed my SSD internal drive for a more powerful and bulky one. The other is still good, so I got an adapter NVME to USB 3.0 that worked perfectly until today. I had created a partition RECOVERY on the external disk but yesterday I wanted to erase it to...