Windows 10: No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?

Discus and support No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/retestreak [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/retestreak, Jun 23, 2020.

1. No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?

/u/retestreak, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 26, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve? prob.jpg

psyko12, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?

1. No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve? - Similar Threads - icons start menu

2. How to reset start menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset start menu icons: [ATTACH] Hi, i just want to know how to reset, or change, the start menu icons that pop up when you make a search, especifically the windows programs, like Groove Music, because they are the old version. They are fine when you pin them to the start menu itself....
  3. How to reset icons on start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset icons on start menu?: I use Windows 10. I deleted too many icons from my start menu, but now I wanna return their. Every time when I reinstall Windows 10, I don't have default icons on start menu, I see only icons which I didn't delete on my last Windows 10. I wanna get default icons on my start...
  4. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  5. SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]

SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]: PROBLEM STATEMENT: All of the sudden one day the Start Menu in Win 10 stopped working, clicking the button or pressing the Win key had no effect. After spending hours exploring all manner of weird and wonderful *hacks* on the Internets to no effect I have stumbled across...
  6. Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update

Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update: Yesterday, I installed the latest Windows 10 updates. After that update, I have noticed that some of my Start Menu icons don't show up properly. These appear to mostly be the Office 365 icons. I rebooted my computer again today and these icons are still not showing up...
  7. How to change icons in start menu?

How to change icons in start menu?: I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership and running a .reg file. Is there something I can do to change the start menu icons to the ones in the ipack I installed?...
  8. How to change Start Menu icon?

How to change Start Menu icon?: How can I change the Start Menu icon? I used a program for this on Windows 7, Start8 had a feature for Windows 8, but I couldn't find anything for Windows 10. I'm afraid that the one I used for Windows 7 will cause bugs, etc and don't want Start8 either, beacuse I love the...
  9. Start menu tiles with default file icon - how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles with default file icon - how to solve it?: Hi! After reinstalling Windows 10.1709 x64 Pro I pinned to start menu program shortcuts and they have icon same as default file (no extension) and text only. Some tiles have icon and only really live tiles are ok, look: [img] This is default icon [img] How to solve...
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601