Windows 10: No icons, just text

Discus and support No icons, just text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, all the icons on my desktop vanished. There is only text left. Same goes for the file explorer. I tried multiple things but nothing worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anna_352, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Anna_352 Win User

No icons, just text

Hi,

all the icons on my desktop vanished. There is only text left.

Same goes for the file explorer.

I tried multiple things but nothing worked.

Can anybody help` No icons, just text 9b8a7201-86a1-4a1b-b552-4a8ebf910f1e?upload=true.png

:)

Anna_352, Mar 5, 2021

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    text under icons

Hello Chris,

Regarding your concern, we can change the Desktop icon text color in another way around. We found another thread, which have the same concern, that contains an action to change the Desktop icon text color. We recommend that you follow the steps given by
    Miseasa on this link to check if the suggested action
    works.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Joe Men Win User

No icons, just text

Speech to Text on Windows 10 Mobile (On Lumia ICON-Verizon)

Hello,
    FT-1960

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. I understand that the speech to text function has been removed from your messaging and email after upgrading your Lumia ICON to Windows 10 Mobile.

You can use the speech to text function by using Cortana.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Launch Cortana.
    2. Tap on the Mic icon.
    3. Say the keyword "Send a text message".
      • Cortana will ask who do you want to text. Provide the contact name of the person whom you want to text and the text message that you want to send.
    4. Cortana will then ask if you would like to send or add more. Press the
      Mic icon
      again and say your command.
    I understand that this process may be tedious. Please use
    Feedback Hub
    app to help make Windows Mobile better. Share your suggestions and concerns by using the said app.

You may also use a third party app called
    Text-To-Speech

Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

No icons, just text

1. No icons, just text - Similar Threads - icons text

2. Windows desktop icon text turned black and looks jagged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows desktop icon text turned black and looks jagged: I recently turned on my pc and saw that the text under my desktop icons was black and that the quality of the text was jagged. I managed to change the colour back to white by resetting my wallpaper and I changed the font by going onto clear type but as soon as I reset my pc...
  3. How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?: The Alt 255 thing doesn't work for me submitted by /u/thegodamn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mifigh/how_can_i_hide_the_text_under_icons_on_the_desktop/
  4. Folder Icon Text Indented Incorrectly

Folder Icon Text Indented Incorrectly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dora_TheDestroya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8afiz/folder_icon_text_indented_incorrectly/
  5. Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem.

Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem.: Hello I use Windows 10. I have two screens set on my pc, one is a 1980X1080 PC monitor and the other a 4K 3840X2160 Smart TV. I have to set "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 200% in order for everything on the 4K TV to look proportional. I used to...
  6. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  7. performed windows 10 Jan 2021 update and now the icons and text on my computer are about 150%

performed windows 10 Jan 2021 update and now the icons and text on my computer are about 150%: I checked the desktop icons and they are set for medium icons. I also checked Display Settings and they are at 100%. This just happened right after the windows 10 update restart. Does anyone have any ideas to remedy this?...
  8. Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing

Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing: Hello. I turned on my Acer Aspire laptop today which usually takes time to boot and found out that the icons on my desktop screen are missing. Furthermore, text on the Chrome tabs are gone too. I couldn't run command prompt or the registry as it just opens as white screen...
  9. Second display graphics text and icon issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display graphics text and icon issue: My second display is working fine with native resolution set, except there's some sudden bright pixels between text, and icons especially in between small text and icon. This is really a pain to look at. I've attached a photo of my monitor: [IMG] As u can see the "sudden...
  10. Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow

Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow: Hi guys, Is there any way on windows 10 to make the desktop icons appear as do on this macbook. I feel like even the 'small' setting is too big for the desktop, and the text below the icon cuts off part of the icon desciption. I have uploadet a screenshot. Thanks in...