Windows 10: No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's

Discus and support No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from windows key, MS Edge is gone, Can't read PDF's, can't access contra All changed from shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zebra1814, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Zebra1814 Win User

No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's

No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from windows key, MS Edge is gone, Can't read PDF's, can't access contra

All changed from shut down last night.

There are so many topics to choose from I just picked one.

:)

Zebra1814, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Joe2Sail Win User

microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Tried this fix and got no results. Took it one step further and hit "reset". Then, like Edge warned, all of the add-ons and history and settings were deleted, but there is still no icon in the task bar. Just a hole which, if punched, opens Edge. Guess
    I will just abandon any attempts to use what MS thinks is a wonderful browser and continue to use reliable Firefox and Chrome.

Joe2Sail, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 11, 2018
  4. jkiser Win User

No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's

microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

I actually have two icons that are missing - MS Edge and MS Store. There is a blank where those icons used to be on my task bar. They are still there because I can mouse over them and execute them but there is no image on the task bar.

jkiser, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's - Similar Threads - Icons Task Bar

2. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  3. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  4. Reorder Icon pop ups from Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reorder Icon pop ups from Task Bar: Is it possible to re-order pop ups when I hover over a task bar icon? For example, I am currently working on a number of different projects, and might have several Word docs from these projects open. When I hover over the Word icon on the task bar, it shows me all the open...
  5. Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!

Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!: The Volume icon on the task bar has disappeared. I cannot changed the volume! There is an ^ symbol now and that gives a box with a number of items I never use. How do I get the Volume icon back!!?...
  6. Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge: I created a shortcut, then changed its icon: right-click-> Properties -> Change Icon -> selected a .ico file. I dragged it to the taskbar and whenever I click on the taskbar icon, Edge opens in a new window with the old icon. My task bar Note that I am using Chromium Edge...
  7. Unable to put Edge on task bar

Unable to put Edge on task bar: This issue has been going on for weeks. I have previously posted this question and have received many replies- none of which has worked. No matter how I try, I am unable to pin Edge to the task bar. I have tried from every place Edge appears- start menu, apps list etc, When I...
  8. USB Notification icon gone from the Task bar.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Notification icon gone from the Task bar.: How to get the USB Notification back in the task bar notification ? I am certain this has something to do with the frigged new updates, but I have no idea where to begin to correct this new MS10 FUP once again! Please advice. Thanks a bunch. NOTE: I discovered this occured...
  9. window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard

window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard: neither one works....???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-icon-on-task-bar-and-windows-key-on/3955b659-9089-46e8-9a53-0e19744b6f0c
  10. Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?: Apologies for asking such a simple question. I have recently had to move to a new laptop, which has WIN 10 Home on it and I have found all sorts of things that are different from WIN 10 Pro, which I am used to. At the moment, I cannot locate the icons below in MS Edge. What...