Windows 10: No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's

Discus and support No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from windows key, MS Edge is gone, Can't read PDF's, can't access contra All changed from shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zebra1814, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Zebra1814 Win User

No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's

No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from windows key, MS Edge is gone, Can't read PDF's, can't access contra

All changed from shut down last night.

There are so many topics to choose from I just picked one.

:)

Zebra1814, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Joe2Sail Win User

microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Tried this fix and got no results. Took it one step further and hit "reset". Then, like Edge warned, all of the add-ons and history and settings were deleted, but there is still no icon in the task bar. Just a hole which, if punched, opens Edge. Guess
    I will just abandon any attempts to use what MS thinks is a wonderful browser and continue to use reliable Firefox and Chrome.

Joe2Sail, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 11, 2018
  4. jkiser Win User

No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's

microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

I actually have two icons that are missing - MS Edge and MS Store. There is a blank where those icons used to be on my task bar. They are still there because I can mouse over them and execute them but there is no image on the task bar.

jkiser, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. No Icons on Task Bar, Unable to pull up windows from key, MS Edge gone, Can't read PDF's - Similar Threads - Icons Task Bar

2. Volumn Icon On task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volumn Icon On task Bar: Speaker icon on bottom right task bar. Left clicking will sometimes open the volume control and other times it will not. Right clicking (at the time no volume control shows) will not work. Any suggestion on what to check or any help will be appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  3. Task bar icons and fonts

Task bar icons and fonts: Windows 10 pro Why oh why can't we have color metrics back? Some of us that are over 40 can't even see the dang icons in the task bar. And to get the fonts larger on the desk top icons you have to download a third party application? If I increase the size overall of...
  4. Change icon in task bar

Change icon in task bar: I'm trying to change the Google icon in the task bar. I right click on the current icon, click on properties, click on change icon, select new icon, click on apply - and nothing happens!...
  5. I can't turn on power icon on task bar

I can't turn on power icon on task bar: I can't turn on power icon on task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/i-cant-turn-on-power-icon-on-task-bar/48f37599-5db4-489f-ab01-7fab44339a80
  6. Icons on task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on task bar not working: icons on my task bar at the bottom of the screen have suddenly stopped working. my main left hand icon, Microsoft edge icon, search icon etc, Help pleas...
  7. Icons on the task bar are invisible

Icons on the task bar are invisible: Hi, I have tried most of the methods given online (except re-installing / restoring Windows 10 OS), but nothing seems to fix the "invisible icons on the taskbar" problem. Why can't Microsoft fix this problem, which was never there in any of the previous Windows versions, is...
  8. missing icons on task bar

missing icons on task bar: Hello. I have tried to fix this on my own but every solution i find online and on YouTube did nothing to fix my issue. My Microsoft icons for edge, store, and mail are all just black spots. The buttons are still there because if I click there the program opens. any help...
  9. Edge, Skype, icons disappear from task bar and cannot run Edge or Photos

Edge, Skype, icons disappear from task bar and cannot run Edge or Photos: Running Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.431 (multiple attempts to update to newer April 2018 version fail) Edge, Skype and store icons disappear from task bar, but Excel, Word, and Chrome icons are OK.. If I restart they show up temporarily. Also, cannot access...
  10. MS Edge - Unable to print from

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge - Unable to print from: I have a Samsung ativ laptop. clicked on ms edge and logged into sports authority. tried to print a rewards certificate and could not. Has anyone had this problem???? 15467