Windows 10: no icons were opening

Discus and support no icons were opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; desktop icons are not showing & no icons are opening like documents, downloads, chrome etc even in start menu this pc , control panel etx options are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by v99s, Feb 26, 2019.

1. v99s Win User

no icons were opening

desktop icons are not showing & no icons are opening like documents, downloads, chrome etc even in start menu this pc , control panel etx options are not coming. please give sollution. nothing is opening when i click left click.

:)

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 26, 2019
  4. no icons were opening

opening icons on desktop

Hello Evaine,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this desktop icon issues you're experiencing. To get a closer look at the root cause, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you also experiencing the same issue when clicking any icons on the Start menu?
    • Does the issue still the same when using another mouse? How about using your mouse on another computer?
    • Is it also possible to send us a screenshot when the white square box appears after you double click the desktop icon?
    • Have you also tried performing a hardware troubleshooter? If you still haven't, just follow the steps below:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. We would suggest that you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

no icons were opening

1. no icons were opening - Similar Threads - icons were opening

2. Why can't I open my Speaker Icon on my Taskbar after Updates were installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I open my Speaker Icon on my Taskbar after Updates were installed?: New Updates were installed just 2 hours ago and now I cannot open my Speaker Icon on the Task bar to raise or lower sound. It worked just fine before the Updates. Any suggestions? In the meantime while I wait I will Restart to see if that helps. The Icon is frozen.UPDATE to...
  3. Why can't I open my Speaker Icon on my Taskbar after Updates were installed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't I open my Speaker Icon on my Taskbar after Updates were installed?: New Updates were installed just 2 hours ago and now I cannot open my Speaker Icon on the Task bar to raise or lower sound. It worked just fine before the Updates. Any suggestions? In the meantime while I wait I will Restart to see if that helps. The Icon is frozen.UPDATE to...
  4. Why can't I open my Speaker Icon on my Taskbar after Updates were installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open my Speaker Icon on my Taskbar after Updates were installed?: New Updates were installed just 2 hours ago and now I cannot open my Speaker Icon on the Task bar to raise or lower sound. It worked just fine before the Updates. Any suggestions? In the meantime while I wait I will Restart to see if that helps. The Icon is frozen....
  5. Opening windows on monitor where they were triggered

Opening windows on monitor where they were triggered: Hello, I use latop with Win10 with 2 connected monitors as my work daily driver. I am constantly fighting with windows opening on random monitor. I think it may be because windows is remembering, where the last window of this type was opened. However, I rearange my...
  6. icons will not open

icons will not open: Icons will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-will-not-open/719b4f21-150d-490b-b1b8-66fa94dcb7c9
  7. No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.: Every time I switch on my computer in the morning and open up Microsoft Edge, it opens all the tabs that were open when I closed it and shut down the day before. Why does it do this? I don't have any settings configured to tell it to do this. It's very irritating. I have...
  8. Start apps there were open after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start apps there were open after restart: Hello Anyone know how to disable this behavior? Thanks 138837
  9. Start apps there were open after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Start apps there were open after restart: Hello Anyone know how to disable this behavior? Thanks 138837
  10. start and taskbar icons were removed after update

in Windows 10 Support
    start and taskbar icons were removed after update: I've had my new HP Windows 10 for 2 months. Without asking, it was just updated, and took a couple of hours. When it was completed, all my taskbar icons were removed, I can't access the start button, can't open up "ask me anything" button, and probably other things. What to...