Windows 10: No idea what this is.

Discus and support No idea what this is. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Settings, "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" there is something called PCFDOC8.exe Under it, it says "install progress 100%. The bar is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by milford, Apr 19, 2016.

1. milford Win User

No idea what this is.

In Settings, "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" there is something called PCFDOC8.exe Under it, it says "install progress 100%. The bar is switched off, but even on it does nothing. Any idea what this is, and how to remove it?

:)

milford, Apr 19, 2016

2. No idea what this is

Try submit the same sample to Microsoft Malware Protection Center:

Submit a file for malware analysis - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Make sure explain about the issue and you may reference to this post and keep submission ID.

You shouldn't manually remove it.

Try update Windows and then boot into safemode and run a full system scan with Windows Defender.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Apr 19, 2016
  3. No idea what this is

These files are suspicious, if possible zip the folder containing all files and then submit it to VirusTotal for analysis:

VirusTotal

And see whether it is being detected as malware?

Do you have any Anti-Virus software installed?

In start, search for Windows Defender and open it and see whether you are able to open it? if yes, update it and run a full system scan.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Apr 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

No idea what this is.

Hi, as an internet search shows nothing, suggest you install Everything by void tools, index, and try searching your PC for that. If it's there, and not restricted by permissions, Everything will find it.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    As this is identifiable as an EXE file but does not get any hits in Google I am a bit concerned that this may be one of the malware infections that create a random named executable each time it infects a system - you may want to check the file out with MalwareBytes free and a few on-line malware checkers

Barman58, Apr 19, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

Cliff S, Apr 19, 2016
  7. milford Win User
    I ran Malware Anti Malware Bytes and Super Anti Spyware. Both negative.
    Everything also negative.

milford, Apr 19, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

No idea what this is.

Maybe it's some leftover entry... if you believe that to be so you could try a registry search and decide what you wish to try.

Take due backup precautions.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Very good choice, Everything even finds hidden folders/files also. At least his latest beta does. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 19, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    'cept it found nothing.. which begs the question as to its origin, and my suggestion of the registry. Odd.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes checking registry also very good idea, but I thought it was milford that had this name showing up on his computer? So wondering if the user tried everything??

OldMike65, Apr 19, 2016
  12. swarfega Win User
    I suggest running a mainstream virus program such as AVG or Avast. SuperAntiSpyware deals mostly with malicous cookies and Malwarebytes deals mostly with malware rather than viruses.

swarfega, Apr 19, 2016
  13. milford Win User

No idea what this is.

I got rid of my Mainstream virus program and am now using Windows Defender. I ran a quick scan and then I ran a full scan. Again nothing.

milford, Apr 19, 2016
  14. milford Win User
    I tried a registry search but it found a couple of lines that were all numbers and letters. Hexidecimal? I was not messing with that. Backup or no backup.

milford, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No idea what this is.

1. No idea what this is. - Similar Threads - idea

2. hi i am unable to upgrade from win 10 to win 11. have attached the logs. any idea what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi i am unable to upgrade from win 10 to win 11. have attached the logs. any idea what...: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zrv129evekqkpfhrps9tg/logs.zip?rlkey=sma3iyyu1h0ibtpiyhd718f7l&dl=0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-am-unable-to-upgrade-from-win-10-to-win-11/47e747bc-7ae3-4395-83f7-83b98889d2f3
  3. hi i am unable to upgrade from win 10 to win 11. have attached the logs. any idea what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi i am unable to upgrade from win 10 to win 11. have attached the logs. any idea what...: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zrv129evekqkpfhrps9tg/logs.zip?rlkey=sma3iyyu1h0ibtpiyhd718f7l&dl=0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-am-unable-to-upgrade-from-win-10-to-win-11/47e747bc-7ae3-4395-83f7-83b98889d2f3
  4. hi i am unable to upgrade from win 10 to win 11. have attached the logs. any idea what...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...: itS LIKE I PREsS THE CAPs lock key all the time and turn it on off. i Found how to fix with shift key but when i fix i cannot CliCk / ? .....How to fiX that ????...
  6. for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...

for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...: itS LIKE I PREsS THE CAPs lock key all the time and turn it on off. i Found how to fix with shift key but when i fix i cannot CliCk / ? .....How to fiX that ????...
  7. have no idea what ive done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have no idea what ive done: But cant run any troubleshooting stuff, click in files in windows file explorer and all of them show "windows cant find - make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. also have windows updates that fail. my pc is a dumpster fire right now....
  8. have no idea what ive done

have no idea what ive done: But cant run any troubleshooting stuff, click in files in windows file explorer and all of them show "windows cant find - make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. also have windows updates that fail. my pc is a dumpster fire right now....
  9. I am using windows 11 and I have no idea why opening a single application i usually use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using windows 11 and I have no idea why opening a single application i usually use...: I have Windows 11 installed in HP - 15s. I am not sure from which topic this issue is related so please forgive me if i have chosen the wrong topic of the question. Is this only a display error that doesn't not affecting the health of the system, then it is not such a major...
  10. I am using windows 11 and I have no idea why opening a single application i usually use...

I am using windows 11 and I have no idea why opening a single application i usually use...: I have Windows 11 installed in HP - 15s. I am not sure from which topic this issue is related so please forgive me if i have chosen the wrong topic of the question. Is this only a display error that doesn't not affecting the health of the system, then it is not such a major...