Windows 10: no ink on the paper when it prints

Discus and support no ink on the paper when it prints in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my hp photosmart printer is not printing . i put new ink in it ,but it wont print anything on the paper. does anyone know what im doing wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DebbieWoolwine, Dec 13, 2018.

1. no ink on the paper when it prints

my hp photosmart printer is not printing . i put new ink in it ,but it wont print anything on the paper. does anyone know what im doing wrong?

:)

DebbieWoolwine, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How can I print a Half Sheet (5.5 x 8.5 inch) paper in Excel Office 365

Hi MarshaTravis,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps, to print a Half Sheet paper in Excel.

1. Open the Excel Spreadsheet.
    2. Go to File, click on Print.
    3. Under the Print Settings, select the option "Custom Scaling".
    4. Then select the option "Custom Scaling Options".
    5. Under Page tab, select the option "Adjust to:" Change the value to 50%.
    6. Click OK, and try to print the Excel paper.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF - custom paper sizes possible?

Hi,

We suggest that you try to set the paper size of the exact document first. You can create a custom page size before you proceed with
    Microsoft Print to PDF, it should auto-detect the paper size of the document.

To set the paper size in Microsoft Office:

• Click on the Page Layout/Page Design tab.
    • Click on Size, and then in the options available, click on
      More Paper Sizes...
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and scroll down to the last option which is
      Custom size
      . You will be able to customize your preferred paper size.
    • Once done, click on OK, and then proceed with Microsoft Print to PDF.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Dec 13, 2018
  4. no ink on the paper when it prints

I CANNOT PRINT AFTER CHANGING ALL INK CARTRIDGES -- No test comes up -- just tring to make a copy and the paper has NO INK whatsoever on it although it sounds like it's printing!

MY PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT AFTER CHANGING ALL INK CARTRIDGES. I AM TRYING TO MAKE A COPY AND THE PRINTER 'SOUNDS LIKE IT'S WORKING' HOWEVER, THERE IS NO INK ON THE PAPER. I NEVER HAD A TEST TO TAKE AFTER REPLACING NEW CARTRIDGES EITHER.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

ShirleyNoyes, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

no ink on the paper when it prints

1. no ink on the paper when it prints - Similar Threads - ink paper prints

2. Print on ledger sized paper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print on ledger sized paper: How do I change my print settings in Excel to print on ledger sized paper? 11 X 17 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-on-ledger-sized-paper/d45e5f4a-2851-4151-9a56-129b62ef2d91
  3. "Paper Type" settings when printing in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Paper Type" settings when printing in Microsoft Edge: I recently updated my laptop and the new version of microsoft edge came with it. I used to be able to select my paper type from the print screen glossy, semi-gloss, matte, etc but now there is no option at all. Under "more settings" it only allows you to change the size of...
  4. scaling to the paper size when printing

scaling to the paper size when printing: My previous WORD had the option of scaling the printed picture or text to fit the paper size. Can this still be done with office and home 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scaling-to-the-paper-size-when-printing/457124bc-5c2c-45ea-9cdd-8740740adbbe
  5. glossy paper printing

glossy paper printing: am trying to print on glossy paper. when I try to change in printing preferences I get a protection fault error message. then I have to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. is there a solution?...
  6. not printing on paper

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not printing on paper: my printer works and it acts like it is printing but noting is printing on the paper. The inks are all full so thats not the problem. Its just that nothing prints on the paper...
  7. Printing Models On Paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing Models On Paper: When trying to print a model on paper, it always prints at the same size even when I change the dimensions on 3d builder. Is it possible to print on paper in the same 2D dimensions as on the 3d builder application? Yours Sincerely MD 3D Printing...
  8. Changing paper source when printing.

Changing paper source when printing.: When printing how do I change the paper source from rear tray to cassette and from cassette to rear tray? I've tried over and over in different ways. I was able to do it a couple times but it took so long that I don't even know what I did....
  9. Cannot print on Folio (F4) size paper when printing pdf

Cannot print on Folio (F4) size paper when printing pdf: I am not sure how it happened, probably from my system restore or some upgrade. I can't seem to find the choices as usual for custom size paper and Folio (F4) 8.5" x 13" from the drop down when printing a pdf document....
  10. Cannot print on Folio (F4) size paper when printing pdf

Cannot print on Folio (F4) size paper when printing pdf: I am not sure how it happened, probably from my system restore or some upgrade. I can't seem to find the choices as usual for custom size paper and Folio (F4) 8.5" x 13" from the drop down when printing a pdf document....