Windows 10: No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program

Discus and support No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to install a 16-bit program in Windows 10. The OS is 32 bit. I've enabled NTVDM. I've ticked the boxes in the compatability tab for screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nvrmnd, Jul 10, 2019.

1. nvrmnd Win User

No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program

I'm trying to install a 16-bit program in Windows 10.
    The OS is 32 bit.
    I've enabled NTVDM.
    I've ticked the boxes in the compatability tab for screen res, run as admin, disable full screen.

I've tried running the installer in compatabilty mode for Win 95, Win 98, XP SP2 and SP3.

The installer launches, but it will not accept any input from the mouse or the keyboard. I've tried the build in keyboard and touchpad as well as USB keyboard and mouse.

This is on a Dell E6430 laptop.

:)

nvrmnd, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows 16-bit

Dear,

I have tried to install Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 550 by entered a SD card as an installation disk and reboot but it doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me that can I install Windows on 16-bit devices as my phone and if it possible, tell me step-by-step how to do it?

Thank you for read and answered.

MinhPhan Hai, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Windows 10 - change from 8-bit to 16-bit

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are trying to run the program in Windows 10 as Reduced color mode from 8-bit to 16-bit, or you are trying to change the video settings within the software itself?

If you are trying to run the software in reduce color mode, you can follow the steps below.

Method 1: Change Reduced color mode through compatibility settings.

1. Right click on the program icon.
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Click on Compatibility tab.
    4. Check Reduced color mode from the settings.
    5. Change the color mode from
      8-bit color to 16-bit color

Method 2: Edit Video with Roxio.

If you are trying to change the settings within the software, I suggest you refer this article to

edit video with Roxio

If you have any further question regarding the settings on the software, I suggest you get in touch with the
    Roxio Support, for better solution.

Additional information:
    Editing and Enhancing with Roxio

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 10, 2019
  4. No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program

E for Excel, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program

1. No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program - Similar Threads - Input Devices Installing

2. I just want a better understanding of 16-bit programs on Win10 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just want a better understanding of 16-bit programs on Win10 64-bit: So I keep hearing time after time again that it's simply not possible to run 16-bit programs on 64-bit hardware with out emulators or big software modification. There's two games I'm specifically wondering about very specifically: Sims Tower and Pharaoh by Sierra Games. I...
  3. 16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System: So to put this simply. I have a retail game of Rayman 2: The Great Escape + fromthe 10th Anniversary Collection. I put the disc in, choose Setup.EXE and... Nothing. "SetupUbi.exe 32 bites" is running in the background when I check task manager but other than that nothing pops...
  4. 16 bit system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16 bit system: Hi I am trying to turn my windows 10 pc to a 16 bit system so I can play old pc video games on it. This website tells you what to do to make a 16 bit system. https://www.groovypost.com/howto/enable-16-bit-application-support-windows-10/ In to website it says Configure...
  5. Converting ASCII output from old 16 bit program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting ASCII output from old 16 bit program: Datafile created in Turbo pascal 16bit program when viewed in win 10(via winword) does not convert the ASCII char such as 170 but displays the hex code. While the original code was as Decimal number in TP.exe what should I for the output to display correctly - hex...
  6. "too many 16-bit programs"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "too many 16-bit programs": I just got this error message, and I do understand the instruction, but I thought that 16 bit programs were not allowed to run in Windows 10. I'm running Pro 64. Retrospect is a backup program that isn't cheap but it's way better than "backup" or "imaging" programs that just...
  7. Some programs window shows like in 16-bit mode

Some programs window shows like in 16-bit mode: I noticed recently that some programs windows shows like in 16-bit color mode, I noticed this a few day ago! Did not make any changes except update to 1803 and the most recent Nvidia graphic drivers which should be compatible with mew Windows build, maybe this has something...
  8. programs windows looks like in 16-bit mode

in Windows 10 Support
    programs windows looks like in 16-bit mode: I noticed recently that some programs windows shows like in 16-bit mode, I noticed this a few day ago! Did not make any changes except update to 1803, maybe this has something to do with it ? Thank you before and now: [img] [img] 110460
  9. Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program

Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program: Hi folks I've some music that I want to leave as FLAC but the rubbish phone I've got won't play FLAC @24 bits but will handle FLAC at @16 bits. Any decent programs around to convert to 16 bit. Note I'm using decent headphones so I don't want some mushy mp3 sound played...
  10. 16 bit programs on 32 bit windows 10...

16 bit programs on 32 bit windows 10...: hi... i installed vdm on my 32 bit windows 10 to run 16 bit windows programs have all the dlls in the windows system folder rebooted... and the programs still won't run... says something is missing... any ideas why? 44312