Windows 10: no input or output sounds

Discus and support no input or output sounds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i recently did a hard reset now sound nor mic are working i am on an rca 2 n 1 windows10 also my touch screen is all screwy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marshallbuckliew, Jan 30, 2020.

1. no input or output sounds

i recently did a hard reset now sound nor mic are working i am on an rca 2 n 1 windows10 also my touch screen is all screwy

:)

marshallbuckliew, Jan 30, 2020

2. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Recording Inputs

Hi Julsie,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

If you are willing to disable other sound input options then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• If you go to your Desktop (or potentially Start-screen) you'll find a small speaker icon next to the clock. Right click this icon and select "Playback Devices" - this will open a menu.
    • Click on the Playback tab.
    • Now right click on the items which you want to disable as in input/output device.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this helps. Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 30, 2020
  4. no input or output sounds

Windows 10 audio stutters regardless of driver or output used, more noticeable on the toslink and surround sound.

• What device are you using? A laptop or a computer?
    • Its a desktop, i listed the components in the original post.
    • Do you have an external speaker?From which device does the sound come out from? From the TV or from the device?
    • I listed the outputs in the original post. The issue exists on all outputs and exists on the tv speakers, surround sound speakers, and headset.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I have listed the troubleshooting steps that i can remember in the original post.

robert.r.hood, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

no input or output sounds

1. no input or output sounds - Similar Threads - input output sounds

2. Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output: I was attempting to watch a lecture video this morning and sound would not come out of my laptop's internal speakers. When I checked sound settings it said it found no audio devices. I ignored it and moved on because I could juts connect my bluetooth headphones and it worked....
  3. Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output: I was attempting to watch a lecture video this morning and sound would not come out of my laptop's internal speakers. When I checked sound settings it said it found no audio devices. I ignored it and moved on because I could juts connect my bluetooth headphones and it worked....
  4. output sound playing through input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    output sound playing through input: Hello.I have a problem with my sound : when I play something on my headphone the mic catches it. for exemple if i have music and being on discord at the same time, the other guy in the call hears my music. I already tried to check if the "listen to device" options was...
  5. output sound playing through input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    output sound playing through input: Hello.I have a problem with my sound : when I play something on my headphone the mic catches it. for exemple if i have music and being on discord at the same time, the other guy in the call hears my music. I already tried to check if the "listen to device" options was...
  6. output sound playing through input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Changing Input and output sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Input and output sound: When I pair my Bose wireless with my computer they show up connected to the sound input, how do i make them link to the output so I can hear. I'm sure it's a simple setting I am missing....
  8. Input and output Sound

Input and output Sound: Hi there! I need help with my Input and Output sound. I have recently bought headphones that had a mic on the cable. When I switched the headphones as my output it doesn't show my headphones mic as an input. But if I put my headphones mic as in input it doesn't put my...
  9. Issues with Sound Output and Input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Sound Output and Input: Received new ThjnkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 direct from Lenovo this week and experienced issues with internal microphone unplugging and speakers not working. After watching a few YouTube videos that were not helpful I used Lenovo Service Bridge which resulted in downloading new...
  10. Sound input and output

Sound input and output: I was wondering, how do I make it so that the input and output of sound, basically the microphone and earphone, are in the same place, as I don't have headphones but still want to use my microphone on the earphones...