Windows 10: No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update

Discus and support No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As of downloading the latest Windows 10 update today, I can’t get online. Opening Chrome, i’m met with “(homepage)’s server IP address could not be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesK.Tweed, Mar 4, 2019.

1. No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update

As of downloading the latest Windows 10 update today, I can’t get online. Opening Chrome, i’m met with “(homepage)’s server IP address could not be found.” I had done searching prior to coming here using my phone, being led to believe it is a DNS issue, but couldn’t find a solution from the sites I tried. I restored Windows it’s previous version, and even now I still have the same issue. What’s the solution here?

:)

JamesK.Tweed, Mar 4, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows XP update and internet Issue

Microsoft has been shutting down some of their XP update server to prepare for the end of life of XP. That means that if your ISPs DNS servers are slow at updating then you will be trying to use servers that no longer exist.

I suggest you download the latest XP roll-up disc, it will have most of the updates you need and I also suggest hard coding a Google DNS as your primary DNS in your router.

newtekie1, Mar 4, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 4, 2019
  4. No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update

Windows 10 broke my internet access

Hi Vivian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2:

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest Wi-Fi drivers in manufacturer website and check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue, we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you

Aswin_Anand, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update

1. No Internet Access After Downloading Latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - Internet Access Downloading

2. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  3. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  4. Latest Update 21H1 Removes Internet Access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update 21H1 Removes Internet Access: After updating our HP Laptop to Version 21H1 there is no internet access. The system does see all of our "Intranet" devices within our firewall but informs us of "No Internet Access" We have performed extensive troubleshooting with both MSFT Tech support and HP to determine...
  5. No internet access after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access after windows update: There was a windows update on my PC yesterday. Since then I cant use the internet with my PC, which is really annoying and frustrating. I also have a laptop, where the internet works fine. Troubleshoot says that wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I tried to look for...
  6. No Internet access after Windows update?

No Internet access after Windows update?: Hello dear good question community, after the last Windows update about a week ago, my desktop computer does not want to connect to the internet anymore. Neither via Wlan (stick) nor Ethernet (internal card). I have tried everything in my power and would be really thankful...
  7. Internet messed up after latest Windows Update

Internet messed up after latest Windows Update: I recently updated my Laptop to the latest Windows 10 version, and since then certain websites/services have been unable to be reached or send an error message about the internet. Thanks for your help....
  8. Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update: My computer (HP 15 Notebook) ran the latest Windows 10 update on March 12th and everything was fine for 4 days. Then my ability to access the Internet stopped and I began receiving error messages when accessing anything other than my homepage. I currently cannot use Wi-Fi...
  9. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...
  10. Latest update done, and can no longer access internet

Latest update done, and can no longer access internet: I've been having nothing but bad experiences with Windows updates lately.... About a month ago, I did an update and it completely replaced my OS with a new version causing my default settings to change, eliminating some of my programs and causing many problems for me to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update kb4494440 no network