Windows 10: No internet access after powercut

Discus and support No internet access after powercut in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the correct place for this but after a powercut my LAN and wifi stops working. All the lights on the modem router(D-link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/justadudeperson1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. No internet access after powercut

I don't know if this is the correct place for this but after a powercut my LAN and wifi stops working. All the lights on the modem router(D-link DIR-825) and the other unit (which converts fiber to lan thing so it can connect to the d-link. Idk what it is is called) come on properly but the network just shows connected but no internet access. Tried rebooting the modem router multiple times and it works after a random number of reboots.

ISP says it might be my D-link causing issues because it locks out access after a powercut as a security feature but I couldn't find anything in the settings (or I wasn't looking in the right place).

Any help (or the correct sub to ask this) would be appreciated!

Thanks!

submitted by /u/justadudeperson1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/justadudeperson1, Jan 25, 2021

2. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 25, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

No internet access after powercut

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

No internet access after powercut

1. No internet access after powercut - Similar Threads - internet access powercut

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. System won't boot after powercut during chkdsk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System won't boot after powercut during chkdsk: Hi all, I was running a chkdsk /r /f on my PC due to having issues with disk speeds, when I lost power for about a half a second. It was about halfway through the process and now the machine won't boot. It's in a surge protected socket so I don't think that's an issue....
  6. No internet access after windows update

No internet access after windows update: There was a windows update on my PC yesterday. Since then I cant use the internet with my PC, which is really annoying and frustrating. I also have a laptop, where the internet works fine. Troubleshoot says that wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I tried to look for...
  7. No Internet access after Windows update?

No Internet access after Windows update?: Hello dear good question community, after the last Windows update about a week ago, my desktop computer does not want to connect to the internet anymore. Neither via Wlan (stick) nor Ethernet (internal card). I have tried everything in my power and would be really thankful...
  8. No internet access after reboot

No internet access after reboot: I was having a Windows 10 "windows popup" issue which caused my to engage Microsoft tech support. They told me to go into settings and disable applications, (cant remember exactly where I did that), then I was told to reboot. now when I get to the log in screen I see a...
  9. No internet access after upgrade

No internet access after upgrade: There appears to be no new results. I just did this today may 23 2016. Doing a little troubleshooting thru win10 it comes back to problem with local area connection adapter. What is this thing? Is it hardware, hardware driver, or wrong settin? 51215
  10. Internet access but no internet

Internet access but no internet: My computer says its got internet access but i cant use the internet?? Help pls 34828