Windows 10: No internet access after reboot

Discus and support No internet access after reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was having a Windows 10 "windows popup" issue which caused my to engage Microsoft tech support. They told me to go into settings and disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RyanHampton1, Feb 19, 2019.

1. No internet access after reboot

I was having a Windows 10 "windows popup" issue which caused my to engage Microsoft tech support. They told me to go into settings and disable applications, (cant remember exactly where I did that), then I was told to reboot. now when I get to the log in screen I see a red X over the internet icon. It wont accept my picture or text password. Hitting Reset password does nothing. I have tried unplugging, restarting, creating a Bootable drive with a thumb drive. I have also hit the shift key and then restart on the log in screen to get to troubleshooting. I have hit every option (system restore, startup repair, uninstall updates, system image recovery, etc. ) and the screen simply goes to black. I then have to manually power off my PC. I am connected with an Ethernet cable and I know my internet is working. Also when I hit the red X on the internet icon I get a gray box that says airplane mode.

I think I disabled my network. I have also tried hitting del, f8, f12 to get to safe mode but that doesn't work either. please someone help

:)

RyanHampton1, Feb 19, 2019

2. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 19, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

No internet access after reboot

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

No internet access after reboot

1. No internet access after reboot - Similar Threads - internet access reboot

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access: After upgrading to the current version of Windows 11, I have noticed that when in sleep mode for a couple of days I will have to reboot my PC to gain internet access. Is anyone else having this issue?Here are the facts around my PCDevice name Office Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600...
  5. Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to reboot PC after sleep to regain internet access: After upgrading to the current version of Windows 11, I have noticed that when in sleep mode for a couple of days I will have to reboot my PC to gain internet access. Is anyone else having this issue?Here are the facts around my PCDevice name Office Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600...
  6. Internet will only connect after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet will only connect after reboot: For the last few weeks I have had a strange problem. As long as the computer boots, it won't connect to the Internet whatever I do, but when I restart the computer, the Internet connection is fine. I am confused why this is happening and it is quite annoying. I am using an...
  7. No internet access after powercut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet access after powercut: I don't know if this is the correct place for this but after a powercut my LAN and wifi stops working. All the lights on the modem router(D-link DIR-825) and the other unit (which converts fiber to lan thing so it can connect to the d-link. Idk what it is is called) come on...
  8. No internet connection after reboot

No internet connection after reboot: This is a pc that was upgraded from win7 to win 10 a couple weeks ago. It was working fine and after a reboot it will not connect to the internet via the Ethernet connection or a wifi dongle. the error message when running troubleshooting is "There might be a problem with the...
  9. Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself

Computer no longer have internet access after reboot by itself: Hi, my desktop computer loss internet access after reboot itself overnight last week. (Intel core i7-2600 cpu, Windows 10 Pro build 1803, 5/19/2018, OS Build 17134.112, 12 GB RAM, Realtek PCIe GBE family controller). There is a red x mark on the network icon. Windows...
  10. No internet access after upgrade

No internet access after upgrade: There appears to be no new results. I just did this today may 23 2016. Doing a little troubleshooting thru win10 it comes back to problem with local area connection adapter. What is this thing? Is it hardware, hardware driver, or wrong settin? 51215