Windows 10: No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection

Discus and support No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have an strange problem. I can connect HotSpot VPN connection successfully but there is no any Internet on mobile device from my laptop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aminvalipour, Feb 9, 2019.

1. No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection

Hi,

I have an strange problem.

I can connect HotSpot VPN connection successfully but there is no any Internet on mobile device from my laptop.

I have Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134).

It was working few days ago, but suddenly it has stopped working without any reason.

I dont have this issue in Windows 7

Any solution?

:)

aminvalipour, Feb 9, 2019
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. John Ado Win User
    Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Got it.

This usually happen if Internet Connection Sharing was not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Network Connections.
    • Please note that at this point, your hotspot connection should be showing here
    • Right-click your internet source, which should be Ethernet.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
    • Under Home networking connection drop-down menu select your
      hotspot connection name
    • Click OK.

Please advised as necessary.

John Ado, Feb 9, 2019
  4. No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection

Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection

1. No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection - Similar Threads - Internet access sharing

2. sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices: I am connected to internet on my laptop through USB tethering, now when I turned on my laptop's hotsopt and if someone connects to it, it shows no internet access help me fix that....
  3. sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices: I am connected to internet on my laptop through USB tethering, now when I turned on my laptop's hotsopt and if someone connects to it, it shows no internet access help me fix that....
  4. VPN connects but can't access shared folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN connects but can't access shared folders: About a month ago I came into work and one of our engineers said he wasn't able to access the shared folders from home using his VPN anymore. I logged onto the VPN and everything worked as it should, but then 1 week later I wasn't able to access the shared folders. Now my...
  5. Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access: I am trying to use the feature of mobile hotspot while I connected to the internet by internet cable, everything is going good and when I am connected with my phone to the network created by mobile hotspot there is no internet access although there is internet access in my...
  6. Hotspot internet sharing

Hotspot internet sharing: I have my PC connected to internet via ethernet cable and I want to share internet via wifi adapter to my laptop. The thing is if I do this with the hotspot my laptop ends up on a different subnet. Is there a way to share wifi and keep my laptop and PC on the same network?...
  7. mobile hotspot connected no internet access

mobile hotspot connected no internet access: my lenovo laptop mobile hotspot connected on my mobile but its showing no internet access how did i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connected-no-internet-access/32bf7c6d-c825-440e-9a20-314102d2cb0f
  8. Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access"

Hotspot connecting but saying "No Internet Access": I recently updated to Windows 10 1903, but every time I try to use hot-spot it says no internet access but immediately opens the browser and it goes to a Microsoft link, unfortunately only the browser would use the hot-spot internet other apps such as the store cannot and all...
  9. Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot

Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot: Hi, my pcs (one is a huawei laptop and the other is surface pro 3 both are upto date on windows 10) are fine when connected to home wifi but once i started a vpn or connects to a mobile hotspot the wifi icon would indicate no internet connection, please help, thx....
  10. Sharing a VPN Internet over Mobile hotspot in Windows 10

Sharing a VPN Internet over Mobile hotspot in Windows 10: I want to share my VPN internet connection over wifi. please help me regarding this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/sharing-a-vpn-internet-over-mobile-hotspot-in/d732977f-79aa-4c9e-972c-1ec4c01fc1e1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connectify hotspot vpn no internet

2. after connecting through hotspot internet available