Windows 10: No internet access after window 10 upgrade.

Discus and support No internet access after window 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey! so i have recently upgraded to window 10 and im having some issues with my internet. so the problem is that it keeps on saying "no internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mpham258, Dec 20, 2015.

1. mpham258 Win User

No internet access after window 10 upgrade.

Hey!
    so i have recently upgraded to window 10 and im having some issues with my internet.
    so the problem is that it keeps on saying "no internet access " and theres also a yellow triangle on my wifi icon.I have watch so many tutorials on how to fix this but still havent found the right solution.ive tried things such as reset my router,flush my dns,reset my ip,update/uninstall my driver,changing power options .pls help guys, its been 1 week and i still havent figure it out *Sad

:)

mpham258, Dec 20, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

No Internet access after update window 10 version 1703

Hi,

Help us understand your concern. Are you using a wired or wireless network connection? Were you able to share your connection before? Let's check if the Network troubleshooter can diagnose the issue. Go to
    Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot
    > Internet Connections.

Additionally, let's run the Windows Update
    troubleshooter
    to check for system files that might have been missing or corrupted during the installation of the update.

Please advise as necessary.

John Ado, Dec 20, 2015
  3. No Internet access after update window 10 version 1703

That hasn't worked at all.

Cock_Monkey_CFC, Dec 20, 2015
  4. No internet access after window 10 upgrade.

Check your proxy settings. Go into Settings, Network and Internet, Proxy and make sure everything is set to off. I had the same problem and tried several things but this worked for me. I found proxy turned on and once I turned it off I rebooted and my network worked fine.

No internet access after window 10 upgrade. [​IMG]

No internet access after window 10 upgrade. [​IMG]

Commodore Pet, Dec 20, 2015
  5. This has been driving me nuts since I upgraded to Win 10 tried everything, just tried the proxy setting still no joy this what I get
    windows socket registry entries missing according to diagnostics and internet no longer working at all using wifi *Mad with network cable it's fine

discoverytdi, Dec 20, 2015
  6. mpham258 Win User
    Changing the proxy didnt work. *Sad any other solutions ?

mpham258, Dec 21, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, please complete your system specs including your Wifi card details. If unsure, there's a 'How to' in the tutorials section.
    Some have reported Qualcomm series 9000 don't work with Win 10, but we don't know yours.

The first thing to do is to resolve the driver issue- assuming your reference to a yellow triangle is to the Device Manager- please confirm. If not, where do you see it?

Note that to enable Wifi, not only must you enable it via (e.g. a button on a laptop) but also via the Wifi tile in the action/notification centre - available from the notification icon in the system tray.

Once you have a valid driver, have you tried rt clicking the internet icon, Troubleshoot?

This may help:
    windows socket registry entries missing according to diagnostics and - Microsoft Community

dalchina, Dec 21, 2015
  8. mpham258 Win User

thanks for replying.the yellow triangle doesnt appear in my device manager, its just appears in my wifi icon.and yes, i have try troubleshooting.

mpham258, Dec 21, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, could you please:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums
    and confirm you have completed all relevant actions here:
    windows socket registry entries missing according to diagnostics and - Microsoft Community

Ok, you have a driver installed (please confirm no yellow triangle in Device Manager)
    Some people have reported a number of issues related to the most recent updates

"I'm hoping for the fix that kept knocking the wifi out from the previous update. After some searching it was narrowed down to KB3116900 being the culprit."
    and KB3124200 has caused problems for some.

If you have these installed, you could try uninstalling them. (Note: they will probably be back very quickly)
    You could try the driver that previously worked (older version).

Note: to block driver updates and windows updates, please see the tutorial section.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No internet access after window 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - internet access window

2. "No Internet Access" after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "No Internet Access" after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004: I have a company laptop and just upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 and now have "No Internet Access." I have found several resolutions but each requires admin permissions. Modify registry, modify hosts. file, revert to prior version each requires admin permissions. I...
  3. After windows 10 upgrade internet not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After windows 10 upgrade internet not working: Error “ problem with driver for Ethernet adapter - driver was updated Error - problem with driver for the Wifi adapter. can not connect at all to wifi or even thru a network cable?......
  4. No Internet, secured after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Internet, secured after Windows 10 upgrade: I upgraded my laptop running Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home today and since doing that I get the "No internet, secured" connected but not really connected error no matter what I do to resolve the issue. 1) downloaded new wireless adapter driver onto flash drive on...
  5. Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade: I am getting the message "this application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". This comes up when I try to access the internet through Chrome - and other applications aren't responding. This is the latest of several problems getting a...
  6. internet is slow after upgrading to Windows 10

internet is slow after upgrading to Windows 10: HI, I have recently upgraded my os to WIN 10. My internet connection drops from 50 mbps to 2 mbps. I have tried all possible solution in the internet. 1. Updated the drivers 2. updated windows. 3. changed the auto tunning level. Can someone me and fix this issue?...
  7. No internet access after upgrade

No internet access after upgrade: There appears to be no new results. I just did this today may 23 2016. Doing a little troubleshooting thru win10 it comes back to problem with local area connection adapter. What is this thing? Is it hardware, hardware driver, or wrong settin? 51215
  8. Windows 10 randomly drops internet access after upgrade from Windows 7

Windows 10 randomly drops internet access after upgrade from Windows 7: Common one this one, but in our case it wasn't a driver issue - it was a DNS issue! For us, this problem all seems to centre around DNS. Windows 10 seems to occasionally and randomly change which network adaptor it's going to route DNS requests to. For those who don't know...
  9. WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?

WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?: Apologies if this has been addressed already but I haven't been able to find a post with this particular issue. Here's the background information: I have a Dell Vostro 3750 notebook which I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 using a Windows 10 "1511" build DVD....
  10. No internet access after update to Windows 10

No internet access after update to Windows 10: I have just completed my update from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have established my internet connection, I can send and receive emails but I have no web access. I have eliminated any network issues as my Macs all work fine, my iPad and iPhone all work correctly but not on...