Windows 10: "no internet access", but wi-fi printer still works

Discus and support "no internet access", but wi-fi printer still works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my wi-fi connected laptop is suddenly saying "no internet access". but it obviously is connecting to the home router by wi-fi, because it prints! but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shmu26, Jul 4, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

"no internet access", but wi-fi printer still works

my wi-fi connected laptop is suddenly saying "no internet access".
    but it obviously is connecting to the home router by wi-fi, because it prints!
    but browser cannot access websites, and dropbox does not sync.
    I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, I tried restart, I tried a different user account.
    please help.

:)

shmu26, Jul 4, 2016
  2. tn farmer Win User

Problems with anti virus and not connecting to local Wi-Fi network

I have a laptop with win-10 pro, with McAfee AV; having problems with McAfee MFT Healthcheck and "lost" connection to Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi works OK with the other computers and printer on the network. M

tn farmer, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Ovi Map Search History?

AFAIK it is only going for whatever access point is Priority 1 in Internet destinations.

aspergerguy, Jul 4, 2016
  4. shmu26 Win User

okay, I think I fixed it.
    On my desktop, I made a switch from automatic DNS to google public DNS . that was a few days ago.
    Last night, the laptop started having this internet problem.
    Now I switched the laptop as well to google public DNS, and it connects once again.
    (after changing DNS, I got a prompt from ESET about whether this is a home network or a public one.)

I don't understand why changing the DNS on the laptop worked, but it did.
    why can't I have different DNS on different devices?
    does this mean that any PC that wants to connect to internet through my router will need to use google DNS?

shmu26, Jul 4, 2016
  5. wyldman68 Win User
    The DNS is the translation of the IP addresses on the Internet. It sounds like your ISP had trouble with their DNS server/servers. I have used google's DNS servers several times when my ISP was having DNS issues. Your router shouldn't need to have the DNS changed.

wyldman68, Jul 4, 2016
  6. shmu26 Win User
    that does make sense.

shmu26, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "no internet access", but wi-fi printer still works - Similar Threads - internet access printer

2. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, no wi-fi: I love my Toshiba 3 in 1 laptop/notebook. Bought used 5-7 years ago. Everything worked "perfectly". System type: 64-bit operating, x64-based processor. Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 21H1, Installed 10/19/2021.PROBLEM:While on the web downloading an antivirus program, a...
  3. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet, no wi-fi: I love my Toshiba 3 in 1 laptop/notebook. Bought used 5-7 years ago. Everything worked "perfectly". System type: 64-bit operating, x64-based processor. Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 21H1, Installed 10/19/2021.PROBLEM:While on the web downloading an antivirus program, a...
  4. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wi-Fi and Internet

Wi-Fi and Internet: I am having a problem with my laptop staying connected to the Internet. I can have it connected but if I leave long enough for it to go to sleep I loose the internet. It is still connected to the Wi-Fi though. I have to delete my wireless adaptor and reinstall to get the...
  6. Internet, WI FI

Internet, WI FI: My whole identity has been stolen, there is hackers on my fon right now this one, ive just noticed lately though that mine is shutting off to and going to public internet, im so lost, ive turned some things in but they dont give u enuff space to tell it all or i know i would...
  7. Wi Fi Internet

Wi Fi Internet: Hi, there I can't connect my friend's laptop to my wifi network. when I open to show wi-fi networks I can see other networks but not mine. He can see my network and connect his phone without a problem. Help, please....
  8. Wi-fi connected but no internet access

Wi-fi connected but no internet access: Hello microsoft , i am again facing same problem that my wifi is connected and working in browser, but showing no internet access. And when i am trying open ms store, or other apps like amazon it is showing no internet connection. So kindly fix this problem. Thank you!...
  9. Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi

Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi: I have this problem with access to my Wi-Fi at home that’s driving me crazy. Since it only occurs on three laptops that run Windows10, I suspect it might be something to do with Windows10 and not the router itself. Other devices which do not run Windows10, like iPhones or...
  10. How to restrict wi-fi internet access to kids?

How to restrict wi-fi internet access to kids?: Hi, At home we access to the internet wirelessly by means of a modem-router TP-Link Archer MR200, through a SIM and 4G link. The problem is that after the first connection the wi-fi network key of the modem-router remains memorized in the device (laptop, tablet,...