Windows 10: No Internet Access Ethernet

Discus and support No Internet Access Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, my PC has started to not receive any internet connection even with the ethernet plugged into the PC's port and both the PC and the Routers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeff MichelleDucharme, Jun 28, 2020.

1. No Internet Access Ethernet

Recently, my PC has started to not receive any internet connection even with the ethernet plugged into the PC's port and both the PC and the Routers ports both lit up. My PC detects that the ethernet is plugged in yet I am receiving no connection. When I go into my ethernet's properties, both IPv4 and IPv6 say "No Internet Access".

I have tried restarting my PC and the router, Renewing the IP, troubleshooting using the Windows 10 troubleshooting tool. I have contacted my Internet Service Provider and they say that it isn't a problem on their end. I have tried everything that I can so far to troubleshoot my problem for 2 days and there has been no change in the result.

Can anyone help?

:)

Jeff MichelleDucharme, Jun 28, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

No Internet Access Ethernet install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

No Internet Access Ethernet pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

No Internet Access Ethernet select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

No Internet Access Ethernet Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jun 28, 2020
  3. WBBarnett Win User
    "No Internet Access" on Ethernet and Wireless - Windows 10

Steps taken to resolve:

• Downloaded from Realtek and installed Windows 10 driver for Realtek PCIe FE Family device
    • reset winsock and ip4 and ip6.
    • reset DNS cache
    • forced media connection by changing ip4 to fixed ip address, gateway, and dns server. Able to ping other devices on network - including gateway, but could not connect to internet. Diagnose unable to find issue with connection.
      • "ipconfig /release" message is "no operation can be performed on (adapter name) while it has its media disconnected."
    • when using DHCP, do not receive response from default gateway, so ipconfig has strange addresses. Diagnose returns:
      • "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
    • all other computers on network able to use DHCP for addresses.

trudging through topics on tech forum(s) to find other solutions. Need suggestions on resolution.

WBBarnett, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Henry60AR Win User

No Internet Access Ethernet

Internet Slowdown on my Desktop - Ethernet Connection

Thanks Vijay. I went through your steps other than the repair upgrade, and there was no change. Before I do the repair upgrade, I want to check on another angle.

I went into Networks and Sharing and realized that Windows is simply not recognizing my Verizon modem/router as the Ethernet connection. The slow internet access is due to the fact that the desktop is picking up the WiFi signal, and it's not strong on this
    device.

For Ethernet, I get an "Unidentified Network" and when I click on Ethernet Status, the IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity lists "no network access". Looking at the Ethernet properties, the "Connect Using" lists Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller. Shouldn't it
    be the Verizon modem name? Also noticed that the Microsoft Network Adaptor Multiplexor Protocol is unchecked. Not sure if that matters.

I think what I need to do is somehow configure the Verizon modem again, but not sure how.

Henry60AR, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

No Internet Access Ethernet

1. No Internet Access Ethernet - Similar Threads - Internet Access Ethernet

2. Ethernet showing "No Internet Access" but internet is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet showing "No Internet Access" but internet is working: Some time ago, I noticed that my Windows 10 PC here at home was showing "No internet access" in the system tray. Came here to look for a fix, and got directed to this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/v3CkXHgj6Ig . I ran the registry fix, rebooted the PC, and the issue was...
  3. Ethernet showing "No Internet Access" but internet is working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet showing "No Internet Access" but internet is working: Some time ago, I noticed that my Windows 10 PC here at home was showing "No internet access" in the system tray. Came here to look for a fix, and got directed to this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/v3CkXHgj6Ig . I ran the registry fix, rebooted the PC, and the issue was...
  4. No internet access using ethernet

No internet access using ethernet: Good afternoon everyone, I was just browsing the Internet, then i was about to watch a video and it wouldn't load . So i restarted my pc and once everything loaded the ethernet icon said no internet so i looked into this further and in the network status page it said no...
  5. Ethernet detected but "No Internet Access"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet detected but "No Internet Access": Hello, first post or whatever and it's a call for help, so my laptop's ethernet port and/or the network driver itself seems to be having problems, specifically it can detect the ethernet but no internet access, so I bought a USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter ASIX AX88179 since I...
  6. Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet

Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet: Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet. Only internetworking with Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-with-internet-access-but-not/bc75b240-1beb-403e-bd87-171980cdb14b
  7. Ethernet not accessing internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not accessing internet?: Hello all, I recently decided to commit to the ways of the Ethernet and it hasn’t gone exactly as I had hoped. I got a 100ft cat 6 cable that recognizes its connected to my router, but isn’t able to load any websites and says, “no internet access”. I tested the cable my...
  8. Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

Ethernet connected but no access to internet.: I just moved and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. There is no ethernet port in my room so I'm using a tp-link av1000 adapter. I do not have wifi on my computer it was custom built. When I go to ethernet status for the network I can see that it is sending and...
  9. Devolo Ethernet - no Internet Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Devolo Ethernet - no Internet Access: Hi. I'm from Germany and my PC is in German, so some of the stuff I write here isn't exactly how it's phrases in English. The device is a "devolo dLAN 500 AV Wireless+". My PC is connected to it via LAN Cable. That thing is connected to another of it's kind via the power...
  10. Ethernet has no internet access

Ethernet has no internet access: Pc details: Windows 10 home 64-bit(build 17134), Amd ryzen 1400, 8GB ram Hello, Yesterday my connection was fine, but today i cannot connect to the internet through an ethernet cable. My pc can connect to the router but it says "no internet access". I have tried...