Windows 10: No Internet Access via Ethernet on Windows 10

Discus and support No Internet Access via Ethernet on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So it is somewhat infrequent I'm on the desktop which is connected to the LAN and while on it today I noticed it was connecting on the WIFI instead.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by blueyestm-[xboxvenue], Dec 23, 2018.

1. No Internet Access via Ethernet on Windows 10

So it is somewhat infrequent I'm on the desktop which is connected to the LAN and while on it today I noticed it was connecting on the WIFI instead. Opening up the Network Connections the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Ethernet connection is showing a red X.

Network cable is good.

Ethernet drivers uninstalled, reinstalled, even grabbed the new drivers from the Realtek site and installed.

Device properties state the device is working properly.

I have received numerous Windows Updates which I'm assuming is the possible reason.

Event viewer for the device provides the below which is why I manually updated the driver myself and then rebooted:

Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_859E1043&REV_11\4&24af259f&0&00E2 requires further installation.

Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_859E1043&REV_11\4&24af259f&0&00E2 was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_859E1043&REV_11\4&24af259f&0&00E2
    Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0x0
    Present: true

Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_859E1043&REV_11\4&24af259f&0&00E2 was configured.

Driver Name: rt640x64.inf
    Driver Date: 04/06/2015
    Driver Version: 9.1.406.2015
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: RTL8168.ndi.NT
    Driver Rank: 0xFF2000
    Matching Device Id: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&REV_11
    Outranked Drivers:
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C14&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_E4\3&11583659&0&E2

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver rt640x64.inf_amd64_6610b89eaf17e0fb for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_859E1043&REV_11\4&24AF259F&0&00E2 with the following status: 0x0.

Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_859E1043&REV_11\4&24af259f&0&00E2 was started.

Driver Name: rt640x64.inf
    Service: rt640x64
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:

:)

blueyestm-[xboxvenue], Dec 23, 2018
  2. WBBarnett Win User

"No Internet Access" on Ethernet and Wireless - Windows 10

Steps taken to resolve:

• Downloaded from Realtek and installed Windows 10 driver for Realtek PCIe FE Family device
    • reset winsock and ip4 and ip6.
    • reset DNS cache
    • forced media connection by changing ip4 to fixed ip address, gateway, and dns server. Able to ping other devices on network - including gateway, but could not connect to internet. Diagnose unable to find issue with connection.
      • "ipconfig /release" message is "no operation can be performed on (adapter name) while it has its media disconnected."
    • when using DHCP, do not receive response from default gateway, so ipconfig has strange addresses. Diagnose returns:
      • "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
    • all other computers on network able to use DHCP for addresses.

trudging through topics on tech forum(s) to find other solutions. Need suggestions on resolution.

WBBarnett, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 23, 2018
  4. No Internet Access via Ethernet on Windows 10

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

No Internet Access via Ethernet on Windows 10

1. No Internet Access via Ethernet on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet Access via

2. Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable: So I'm using a repeater TP-link RE450 AC1750 connected to wlan from other room, on the repeater there's a LAN port which allow me to use Ethernet cable from this repeater to my desktop PC. This works perfectly fine on window 10, Ubuntu, Kali, Opensuse, MacOS,... But somehow...
  3. Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable: So I'm using a repeater TP-link RE450 AC1750 connected to wlan from other room, on the repeater there's a LAN port which allow me to use Ethernet cable from this repeater to my desktop PC. This works perfectly fine on window 10, Ubuntu, Kali, Opensuse, MacOS,... But somehow...
  4. Windows 10 Ethernet No Internet Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Ethernet No Internet Access: Hello,I have a Windows 10 laptop that is connected via Ethernet but states "no internet access". The way that this laptop is configured is with a static IP address. When I connect the laptop via ethernet I am able to ping other devices on the network. I am not able to reach...
  5. Windows 10 Ethernet No Internet Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Ethernet No Internet Access: Hello,I have a Windows 10 laptop that is connected via Ethernet but states "no internet access". The way that this laptop is configured is with a static IP address. When I connect the laptop via ethernet I am able to ping other devices on the network. I am not able to reach...
  6. Windows 10 Ethernet No Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 internet connection issues via ethernet

Windows 10 internet connection issues via ethernet: Good morning Microsoft,Hi everyone, I have had some issues after windows recovery, specifically I have been unable to connect my desktop computer to the internet.What I am currently seeing after hours of effort is you are connected to the internet under network status and...
  8. No internet via ethernet

No internet via ethernet: Hello I'm having some trouble with my connection over ethernet. Wireless works fine and the same ethernet cable works on my laptop. The problem is my ethernet on my PC. Firstly I used the windows troubleshooter and got the error "No valid IP". I checked my ip using ipconfig...
  9. No Internet Access Ethernet

No Internet Access Ethernet: Recently, my PC has started to not receive any internet connection even with the ethernet plugged into the PC's port and both the PC and the Routers ports both lit up. My PC detects that the ethernet is plugged in yet I am receiving no connection. When I go into my ethernet's...
  10. Ethernet not accessing internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not accessing internet?: Hello all, I recently decided to commit to the ways of the Ethernet and it hasn’t gone exactly as I had hoped. I got a 100ft cat 6 cable that recognizes its connected to my router, but isn’t able to load any websites and says, “no internet access”. I tested the cable my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rt640x64.inf_amd64_6610b89eaf17e0fb