Windows 10: No internet access when gaming

Discus and support No internet access when gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop that is able to do everything on the internet but game, i connect to my wifi and it runs smoothly but as soon as i open up the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Samuel.T., Oct 19, 2020.

1. Samuel.T. Win User

No internet access when gaming

I have a laptop that is able to do everything on the internet but game, i connect to my wifi and it runs smoothly but as soon as i open up the game the wifi dies for my laptop and my laptop only; after a while it says that the wifi has “no internet access” this is a home private wifi network and has no filters on it.

I have attempted to update the drivers only for it to work for one night then continue the next day.

the only bypass for this is to connect an ethernet cable to my laptop, i have seen another question similar to this but to no avail so i was hoping for some help here.

if the fix would be advanced would you also provide a link on learning how to do this advance thing as i have no clue what im doing when it comes to editing anything thats too hard e.g editing ipv6 configeration to make it do different things

edit: forgot to mention examples of what games cause this issue: ranges from low end like league of legends-> and up to games like Rainbow 6 siege and Hitman1/2

:)

Samuel.T., Oct 19, 2020

2. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 19, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. No internet access when gaming - Similar Threads - internet access gaming

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet goes when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet goes when gaming: I've been having this problem for a few months now. Every time I try to open an online game, the internet goes down. Browser can't load and etc. But immediately after I close those games, the internet works perfectly fine again. Also it is good to know that I am using Wifi...
  6. msftconnect - when I am playing a game it loses internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    msftconnect - when I am playing a game it loses internet access: Hello, I am wondering about the the functionality of this redirect. It always happens when my internet goes down and I know this by when I am playing a game it loses internet access. The main problem is that it sends me to http://www.msftconnecttest.com/cgi-bin/home.ha . This...
  7. Windows 10 says no internet access - when there is internet and it is accessible.

Windows 10 says no internet access - when there is internet and it is accessible.: Good day all - we recently started getting users all W10 with the "No internet access" message in the network icon - internet works fine in fact, but, o365 doesnt like the fact that windows doesnt think there is internet. i have yet to find a solution, anyone know a fix? i...
  8. cannot access Internet when the firewall is on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot access Internet when the firewall is on: When the firewall is on I cannot get access to the Internet. I received a message that “internet connection is blocked”. It started after update to the current Windows version (1809 Build 17763.292). What can I do to allow the Internet when the firewall is on?...
  9. No internet access even when connected.

No internet access even when connected.: No Internet access in Edge or through apps. Definitely connected to the network. 15482
  10. Win10 Reports "No internet access" when there is.

Win10 Reports "No internet access" when there is.: I was helping someone at their home install software for their camera when I noticed a yellow exclamation mark on their Network icon in the notification area. Clicking on it displayed "No internet access" (or something similar) yet her Web browsers and email program were...