Windows 10: No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot)

Discus and support No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I use wifi on my PC to connect to my router/modem, internet works fine. But when I connect to my Android phone's access point (tethering) I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by centen, May 14, 2017.

1. centen Win User

No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot)

When I use wifi on my PC to connect to my router/modem, internet works fine.
    But when I connect to my Android phone's access point (tethering) I don't get internet access.
    You might think it's a problem with the Android phone, but other Android devices can connect to it and use the internet just fine.
    So it's only my Windows PC that doesn't get internet, or rather the combination of Windows PC+Android phone access point.

Does anyone have any ideas? (BTW, I have the same problem on Windows 7. Also, tethering over USB works fine.)

:)

centen, May 14, 2017

2. Lumia 920 (build) WiFi issues

Hi, I'm having two different issues with my 920 I got at build:

1. Tethering: when activated, other mobile devices can't connect to the internet through its connection - Lumia correctly shows the number of connected devices, but none of them are getting access to the internet (Lumia itself has no problem accessing internet
    through my cell provider).

2. While 920 usually has no problems connecting to different wifi hotspots, I have a problem with certain netgear router, which 920 can't access at all. Other mobile devices (inlcuding my Lumia 800) connects to this same hotspot without any problems.

Any way to diagnose the above WiFi issues?

Thanks,

Andrej

andrejt---01, May 14, 2017
  3. Neph---01 Win User
    Lumia 520 wifi tethering problem

Hello,

I bought a lumia 520 basically for its wifi tethering. I am regularly on the move and need to access my mobile internet through the laptop.

However, when I connect the laptop via 'internet sharing' option, the laptop gets connected but there is a LIMITED CONNECTIVITY sign. Conclusion- wifi tethering doesn't work.

i have checked. There is no problem with drivers and tethering works perfectly with my android. Both my phone and laptop have Windows 8.

would really appreciate if you help me out. I have an unlimited data pack so there is no question of data caps on my network. The laptop is connected to the hotspot but doesn't get connected to the internet.

Neph---01, May 14, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

When you connect from a cmd prompt type

ipconfig /all

post results

Samuria, May 15, 2017
  5. centen Win User
    edit: it looks normal
    Unlike the working connection (router/modem) the "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" entry is blank. But I read elsewhere that that shouldn't be a problem...

centen, May 15, 2017
  6. centen Win User
    I narrowed it down to the USB wifi adapter:
    I tried tethering with a new Windows laptop (built in wifi module), it works fine.
    But the same laptop does not work anymore if instead of the built-in wifi I use my TP-Link USB wifi adapter, TL-WN821N. (Same old problem: works fine when connected to the router, but when connected to the Android phone there's no internet.)

So it all points to the TP-Link adapter being the problem. I tried installing an older driver but it didn't help.

centen, May 16, 2017
  7. Try3 Win User
    Just a shot in the dark -

I once had this problem when I added a new WiFi adapter last year. In my case, Bitdefender was blocking access through the new adapter. I temporarily removed BitDefender & the problem disappeared.

I ditched Bitdefender permanently soon afterwards & the only explanatory note I can find now was that BitDefender had, without my noticing, been setting the new adapter up in Stealth mode and I had to set the Firewall, Adapter entry to Trusted. Just going on memory, I think it was setting Firewall, Adapter entry to Trusted that was the real solution and the Stealth mode note proved to be a red herring.

Best of luck,

Denis

8. centen Win User

I don't have an antivirus, but I did try to disable my firewall, it didn't help.

centen, May 16, 2017
  9. Samuria Win User
    The IP is correct so should work from Cmd prompt type

Tracert 194.119.131.66

Post results

Samuria, May 16, 2017
  10. centen Win User
    It says "Destination host unreachable."

centen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot) - Similar Threads - internet access wifi

2. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  3. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  4. No internet access for Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access for Mobile Hotspot: About a week ago i had an issue where when i turned on my pcs mobile hotspot it would say no Internet access, after 6 hours with Microsoft tech support the fixed it... only for it to come again as soon as i did a windows update.this is what happens when i turn on my mobile...
  5. No internet access for Mobile Hotspot

No internet access for Mobile Hotspot: About a week ago i had an issue where when i turned on my pcs mobile hotspot it would say no Internet access, after 6 hours with Microsoft tech support the fixed it... only for it to come again as soon as i did a windows update.this is what happens when i turn on my mobile...
  6. Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet: The problem started yesterday and its giving me a headache. The wifi is constantly on even if I manually switch it off, it switches itself back on.Even if I put on airplane mode, wifi stays on. No discovered networks.Mobile hotspot is off and I cannot switch it back on, even...
  7. Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet

Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet: The problem started yesterday and its giving me a headache. The wifi is constantly on even if I manually switch it off, it switches itself back on.Even if I put on airplane mode, wifi stays on. No discovered networks.Mobile hotspot is off and I cannot switch it back on, even...
  8. Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet

9. Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access: I am trying to use the feature of mobile hotspot while I connected to the internet by internet cable, everything is going good and when I am connected with my phone to the network created by mobile hotspot there is no internet access although there is internet access in my...
  10. mobile hotspot connected no internet access

mobile hotspot connected no internet access: my lenovo laptop mobile hotspot connected on my mobile but its showing no internet access how did i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connected-no-internet-access/32bf7c6d-c825-440e-9a20-314102d2cb0f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hotspot tethering phone how to fix no internet access

2. tethering no internet access

3. tethering works but i dont have internet on laptop

4. no internet access tethering iphone,
  5. problem with router accessing mobile hotspot