Windows 10: No Internet Access

Discus and support No Internet Access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Both wifi and ethernet say no valid ip configuration and default gateway not available. Both adapters are realtek. If any info is needed please just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WhiteThunder, Apr 16, 2016.

1. No Internet Access

Both wifi and ethernet say no valid ip configuration and default gateway not available. Both adapters are realtek. If any info is needed please just ask.Thanks in advance and please help!

:)

WhiteThunder, Apr 16, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Apr 16, 2016
  4. No Internet Access

Thunder, right-click the Start Button. Then, at the very top left, you´ll see the hamburger (three horizontal lines). Click it and then select WiFi and Internet. Make sure that you are actually connected.

If you're using a laptop, find the image of a radio tower. Press that and Fn to make sure that your WiFi isn't turned off.

Vince Massi, Apr 16, 2016
  5. I don't know if you are talking about windows 10 but I am connected to both ethernet and wifi and they say unidentified network no internet access.

6. Sven1458 Win User
    Since both adaptors are not working, try to reset the router
    Sven

Sven1458, Apr 16, 2016
  7. I tried it and there was no difference. I think it is something with the pc, I'm getting a 169.254 address and I know it's APIPA or whatever but idk how to fix it.

8. Sven1458 Win User

No Internet Access

Try to change the setting to 192.168.0.1
    That is my default gateway setting
    Sven

Sven1458, Apr 16, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Do other devices connect to the router successfully?

Right-click on the start button and select command prompt.
    In the black box that opens, type:
    Then type
    If you're still having problems, try resetting your router. (Power it off, wait 15 seconds, power it back on.)

If still no access:
    Post the results here.

simrick, Apr 16, 2016
  10. Yes it works on all other devices. The /release and /renew doesn't work bc it says on operation could be performed but the ipconfig /all is
    sorry about quality had to do it from my laptop

No Internet Access [​IMG]

11. Do any of the missing lines mean anything?

12. simrick Win User
    If you run the ipconfig /all on the laptop that *IS* connected to the router, do you see the subnet mask as being 255.255.255.0 (and not 255.255.0.0)?

simrick, Apr 16, 2016
  13. No Internet Access

Yes the laptop is 255.255.255.0

14. simrick Win User
    Okay, please go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections
    In that window, all your NICs should be shown.

Right-click on your wireless NIC and select Properties.
    Make sure the ones I show selected here are also selected for your NIC:

Then highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select Properties.

Select Use the following IP address.

IP address = an IP address available in the range of your router's DHCP addressing, not used by another device at the moment. (If you're not sure, look in your router configuration to find the range of IP addresses it assigns.)

Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0

Default gateway = The gateway address of your router (Look at the ipconfig /all from the connected laptop to get this - usually something like 192.168.1.1)

For DNS server addresses, you can use Google's which are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Save all and reboot the system. See if you get connected with the wireless. Make sure the wireless is turned on, on the system - sometimes there is an F-key or Shift+F-key to toggle the wireless on and off.

simrick, Apr 16, 2016
  15. I did this and there was no change.*cry

Thema:

No Internet Access

1. No Internet Access - Similar Threads - Internet Access

2. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  3. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  4. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  6. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  7. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

8. How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?: Hello, I am asking how to fix how I am not able to access the internet after doing a factory reset because my computer kept looping in the diagnostics area and I can't search in microsoft edge or browsers since it just keeps saying "Server IP adress could not be found" , My...
  9. How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?

How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?: Hello, I am asking how to fix how I am not able to access the internet after doing a factory reset because my computer kept looping in the diagnostics area and I can't search in microsoft edge or browsers since it just keeps saying "Server IP adress could not be found" , My...
  10. How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?