Windows 10: No Internet Access

Discus and support No Internet Access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can you go into your router settings and, using the mac address of your wireless NIC, assign a static IP to your machine - the same IP address that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WhiteThunder, Apr 16, 2016.

1. simrick Win User

No Internet Access

Can you go into your router settings and, using the mac address of your wireless NIC, assign a static IP to your machine - the same IP address that you put in the computer's NIC settings?

simrick, Apr 16, 2016
  2. simrick Win User

Has this computer been recently infected with some sort of virus?

simrick, Apr 16, 2016
  3. It now just says DNS server not responding. And no not that I know of, but ill run malware bytes right now.

WhiteThunder, Apr 16, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

No Internet Access

Okay, before you run the scan, make sure the box is ticked to include Rootkits.

simrick, Apr 16, 2016
  5. Ok I hit configure and included rootkits, ill tell the results.

WhiteThunder, Apr 16, 2016
  6. Sorry it took awhile and I fell asleep *chuckle. It cleared some stuff but it didn't change anything.

WhiteThunder, Apr 17, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Okay no problem. Anything found I should know about? (other than PUPs)
    Try this:

Download RKILL on the connected laptop, and copy it to the desktop of the problem computer. Double-click to run. Once finished, it will put a text file on your desktop. Copy the contents of that file to the good computer, and paste here in a code box.

Then, open an administrative command prompt on the problem computer by right-clicking the start button. Type
    Code: run netsh int ip reset[/quote] Please give me a little history on the problem: When it started - did you upgrade it to W10 from W7 or W8? Is there a VPN installed on the system? What happened/changed to create the problem? Is there a restore point you can go back to before the problem appeared? Thanks.

simrick, Apr 17, 2016
  8. No Internet Access

Please give me a little history on the problem: When it started - did you upgrade it to W10 from W7 or W8? Is there a VPN installed on the system? What happened/changed to create the problem? Is there a restore point you can go back to before the problem appeared? Thanks.[/quote] The time when I remember it started was when I was switching out Ethernet cables. And it started out as a missing protocol and missing Windows socket registries but now it's this.
    Also there was no change.

9. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 17, 2016
  10. Should I take a picture of my programs so I can reinstall them after?

11. simrick Win User
    During an in-place repair install, you can select to keep all apps and files. Everything should be as it was when finished, except the internet connections should be working.

simrick, Apr 17, 2016
  12. In the video, it says remove apps but keep all files.

13. OldMike65 Win User

No Internet Access

If you choose the options as simrick suggested to you, then you DO have the choice of saving all your personal files and apps.
    Done it myself.....works just fine. All it will do is update / repair all the Windows files, nothing else.

Do a Complete image backup using the free program Macrium Reflect. 1st Then do your repair.
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    I would not use Windows Backup ....

OldMike65, Apr 17, 2016
  14. This fixed it! Thanks a lot for the help, I thought a reset would fix it but I didn't want to because I thoug.t it would delete all of my apps, thanks you for telling me about the in-place upgrade!

15. simrick Win User
    Great news! Glad you got it resolved. Now, make a few images with Macrium Reflect Free so you have something to restore when things go south in the future.... *Wink

simrick, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

No Internet Access

1. No Internet Access - Similar Threads - Internet Access

2. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  3. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  4. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  6. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  7. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

8. How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?: Hello, I am asking how to fix how I am not able to access the internet after doing a factory reset because my computer kept looping in the diagnostics area and I can't search in microsoft edge or browsers since it just keeps saying "Server IP adress could not be found" , My...
  9. How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?

How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?: Hello, I am asking how to fix how I am not able to access the internet after doing a factory reset because my computer kept looping in the diagnostics area and I can't search in microsoft edge or browsers since it just keeps saying "Server IP adress could not be found" , My...
  10. How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?