Windows 10: No internet conectivity after Windows 1809 update

Discus and support No internet conectivity after Windows 1809 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, I hope to find an answer here. Yesterday my laptop, a HP ZBook, updated to Windows 10 Version 1809, wherafter I haven't been able to conect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MisterSint, Apr 12, 2019.

1. No internet conectivity after Windows 1809 update

Okay, I hope to find an answer here.

Yesterday my laptop, a HP ZBook, updated to Windows 10 Version 1809, wherafter I haven't been able to conect to the internet via either WiFi or cable. There is no internet icon in the bottom right of the task bar, neither hidden. The troubleshooting only returns that the Diagnostics Policy Service won't run. I've tried updating the network drivers, but the problem Stayed. BIOS network check returns okay.

The weirdest thing of all is that in the properties of the WiFi in config it says it's connected to my WiFi, even with the proper name. It also recognizes the ethernet cable going in, but still no internet.

I've done my fair share of googleing and went to a more knowledgeable friend of mine, but so far no progress. Is there any hope, or is reinstalling Windows my only option?

:)

MisterSint, Apr 12, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Internet conection

Hi Jakub,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply: What is the error message you receive when you try to connect to the internet?

However, I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

Method 1: Network Adapter Troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

2. Change View by from Category to Large Icons/Small Icons.

3. Click on Troubleshooting and then select View all.

4. Select Network Adapter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Update Network Adapter

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Network Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.

Method 3: Reset TCP/IP and DNS

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X and click on
    Command Prompt (Admin). Kindly provide the administrative password, if prompt appears.

2. Type the following commands:

• Type netsh int ip reset and click
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and click
      Enter.
    3. Close Command Prompt.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 12, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

No internet conectivity after Windows 1809 update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond No internet conectivity after Windows 1809 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

No internet conectivity after Windows 1809 update

1. No internet conectivity after Windows 1809 update - Similar Threads - internet conectivity 1809

2. internet and conectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet and conectivity: i have connectivity problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-and-conectivity/589a4cf1-28ff-44d9-9140-c738ce1656a4
  3. internet and conectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet and conectivity: i have connectivity problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-and-conectivity/589a4cf1-28ff-44d9-9140-c738ce1656a4
  4. internet conectivity app is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internet conectivity app is missing: internet conectivity app is missing how do I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-conectivity-app-is-missing/1f3f5d36-288d-4fe4-988c-2b7d0adc18ea
  5. Conected to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Conected to internet: I got an "HTTP 404 Not Found" response when I clicked on the Internet Explorer logo. Unable to connect to the internet. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conected-to-internet/b6e8980d-4456-42d9-a673-174228c387ce
  6. Conected to internet

Conected to internet: I got an "HTTP 404 Not Found" response when I clicked on the Internet Explorer and Edge logo. It can not connect to the internet. What will be the problem and how to solve it?...
  7. Windows 7 updated to 10 unable to conect to internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 updated to 10 unable to conect to internet: Have updated from windows 7 home to windows 10 home but not able to connect to internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-updated-to-10-unable-to-conect-to/44cf42df-3bde-4a2e-ae60-aa2c10b83516
  8. Intermittent loss of internet after 1809 update (Windows 10)

Intermittent loss of internet after 1809 update (Windows 10): Hello every .. So i recently updated to 1809 version of Windows 10 .. And from the first startup i started confronting an issue with the internet on both wifi and cable .. In a minute am connected normally to the internet and in another minute the net cuts off .. Eventhoug...
  9. Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809: Be advised your internet download speed as tested at speedtest.net or fast.com may drop to around 5Mbps after Windows update 1809 is applied. Your upload speed will remain unaffected. The fix is to update your network card/chip drivers. This problem should have been...
  10. internet conection

internet conection: at first my internet speed was upto 800kb/s now it has been changed/stucked to 100kb/s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-conection/2a9e18e0-d1c7-4d2d-8582-b164e5e5fbb5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 1809 connected but no internet

2. windows 10 1809 update no internet

3. after 1809 update wifi no internet