Windows 10: No internet connection after last security update.

Discus and support No internet connection after last security update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, just installed the lastest security update (KB4512937). Since then I have no access to the internet despite the network shows access to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by steakwiesel1, Aug 15, 2019.

1. No internet connection after last security update.

Hi guys,

just installed the lastest security update (KB4512937). Since then I have no access to the internet despite the network shows access to the Internet. Reset does not help. I suspect some problem wit the firewall service.

The Windows Firewall service will not start with Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start and is also not shown in settings.

Tried to restart the base filtering engine but that one is also producing error 87: the parameter is incorrect.

I am also not able to uninstall the update, the option is just not available.

Restarting the PC itself does not help and the troubleshooter shows no issues found.....

:)

steakwiesel1, Aug 15, 2019

2. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 15, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Aug 15, 2019
  4. No internet connection after last security update.

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

No internet connection after last security update.

1. No internet connection after last security update. - Similar Threads - internet connection last

2. I cannot connect to the internet after security update KB2267602

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot connect to the internet after security update KB2267602: Immediately after windows installed security update KB2267602 all websites were blocked. I cannot access the internet via WI-FI or ethernet cable. There is nothing wrong with the router, all other devices iphones/ipads/laptops work properly. I tried restarting the router and...
  3. Connected, secure no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected, secure no internet: I just built my pc and activated windows 11. The wifi option didnt show but I had a USB 802.11n which I connected and now I could connect to my wifi. Although the pc says connected and secure if I go on bing to download chrome, it won’t work something about bing DNS. After...
  4. Connected, secure no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected, secure no internet: I just built my pc and activated windows 11. The wifi option didnt show but I had a USB 802.11n which I connected and now I could connect to my wifi. Although the pc says connected and secure if I go on bing to download chrome, it won’t work something about bing DNS. After...
  5. connected secured but no internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connected secured but no internet connection: This morning my internet was just fine, got home from work, both mine and my brothers laptops connected to the same internet display;"*my wifi name* internet access Network 2No internet access"I'm not sure what Network 2 is or how to get rid of it or if its even important,...
  6. connected secured but no internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connected secured but no internet connection: This morning my internet was just fine, got home from work, both mine and my brothers laptops connected to the same internet display;"*my wifi name* internet access Network 2No internet access"I'm not sure what Network 2 is or how to get rid of it or if its even important,...
  7. connected secured but no internet connection

8. No internet after last update

No internet after last update: After build 21296 i installed the Cumulative update. The result was that i couldn't access my pin number and I had to reset my Ms password. After that, I saw I had no Internet. No troubleshooter worked. I couldn't reset my PC, I can't do anything anymore. Please tell me what...
  9. Internet malfunctions after last Windows update

Internet malfunctions after last Windows update: I recently upgraded my laptop to the latest version of Windows 10, and since then certain websites could not be accessed, it sends an error message over the internet. Thanks for your help....
  10. Internet slow after last Windows update

Internet slow after last Windows update: I used to have an internet speed of 50Mbps on my wifi in my laptop Acer 5830, Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E which has only 2.4Ghz . On the network cable, the speed used to go up to 90Mbps on my internet connection. I can test my internet connection on my phone and it gives...