Windows 10: No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RightwardCub54, Sep 9, 2022.

1. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?

:)

RightwardCub54, Sep 9, 2022
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Might Force Updates Even on Metered Connections

A wording change in the latest build of the upcoming Creators Update for Windows 10 has users on metered connections worried. In previous Microsoft Insider's builds of the Creators Update, the section of the license agreement pertaining to automatic updates said "updates will be downloaded and installed automatically, except over metered connections (where charges may apply)."

In this latest build, the wording has been changed to a more worrisome version implying updating may still happen for important updates: "We'll automatically download and install updates, except on metered connections (where charges may apply). In that case, we'll automatically download only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothly."

No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update 18da3be5bc06_thm.jpg

Obviously, this implies critical updates and such may still be pulled from a metered connection without prior user consent. Considering many "critical updates" from Microsoft today come in the form of "Patch Tuesday" rollups often nearing a gig, this could get expensive on a metered connection where users pay by the gigabyte or worse.

Source: HotHardware

R-T-B, Sep 9, 2022
  3. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi after installing the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community ad being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to connect to internet on your computer after installing the latest update. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update (KB number) installed on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue (While searching for Wi-Fi connection)?

I suggest you to switch the wireless connection to wired internet connection and check if you are able to access internet.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated network adapter drivers after installing the update.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Update your network driver and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Right-click on the device and click Update driver software.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to download the latest drivers for Network Adapter from another computer that is able to connect to internet. Uninstall the existing drivers from the computer in the question, install the drivers manually and check
    if it helps.

Follow:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer the below article about: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2022
  4. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

Every update turns off my internet connection?

Visit network card manufacturer website to download latest driver if installing latest driver wont work reset network settings.

On Windows 10, you can also use the "Network reset" feature to fix Wi-Fi or Ethernet connectivity problems after installing an update or at any time that you can't connect to the network.

To reset the network adapters on your device, use these steps:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Network & Internet.
    3. Click on Status.
    4. Under the "Change your network settings" section, click the Network reset option.
    5. Click the Reset now button.

FreeBooter, Sep 9, 2022
Thema:

No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

1. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - internet connection latest

2. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  3. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  4. No Internet connection following latest W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet connection following latest W10 update: I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The trouble shooter tells me that " Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" but I doubt it. My other devices...
  5. Internet Browsers not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Browsers not working after latest Windows 10 update: So I finally updated my laptop to the latest Windows 10 update (KB5000802) after I noticed the System Memory was bugging out at 100% all the time, which slowed things quite a bit. However, after doing the upgrade and restarting my computer, I noticed any browser (Chrome,...
  6. wifi connection after latest windows 10 update.

wifi connection after latest windows 10 update.: after a windows up date my HP Envy laptop wont stay connected to my wifi network. nothing has changed, router is still in the same location, i havent re set anything with the laptop. my phone, surface pro4 tablet, firestick all use the same network and never lose connection,...
  7. Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update?: Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update? I had to roll back in order to have internet again and my router and internet connection are working perfectly, none of my other devices have problems. I tried every trick in the book from the...
  8. Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access Internet after latest Windows 10 update: My computer (HP 15 Notebook) ran the latest Windows 10 update on March 12th and everything was fine for 4 days. Then my ability to access the Internet stopped and I began receiving error messages when accessing anything other than my homepage. I currently cannot use Wi-Fi...
  9. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...
  10. No internet connection after latest update on 10074

No internet connection after latest update on 10074: 3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various settings. After starting computer...