Windows 10: No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

Discus and support No internet connection after latest Windows Updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgiLostov, Nov 15, 2018.

1. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing worked:

1. Tried returning to the previous version of Windows, it gives me an error "Unable to go back...";

2. Manually uninstalled the latest installed updates that I could;

3. Running troubleshooting returns "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration";
    4. Updating/Uninstalling&Reinstalling network drivers from Device Manager;

5. Fiddling in cmd. ipconfig /release and /renew return errors. /flushdns works but doesn't help.

6. Typing ipconfig in cmd returns a random IP address and no default gateway. Typing the addresses manually in IPv4 still doesn't make it work.

I just don't know what to do anymore. One PC has a fresh 2-day old Windows install and it's not gonna be the end of the world to reinstall, but those updates are gonna go through again anyway, and most likely so will the issue, so why bother?

The other PC was actually in the middle of migrating the OS to another hardware and has so many installed programs that it would be an incredible pain to reinstall and get everything back.

:)

GeorgiLostov, Nov 15, 2018

2. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi after installing the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community ad being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to connect to internet on your computer after installing the latest update. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update (KB number) installed on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue (While searching for Wi-Fi connection)?

I suggest you to switch the wireless connection to wired internet connection and check if you are able to access internet.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated network adapter drivers after installing the update.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Update your network driver and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Right-click on the device and click Update driver software.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to download the latest drivers for Network Adapter from another computer that is able to connect to internet. Uninstall the existing drivers from the computer in the question, install the drivers manually and check
    if it helps.

Follow:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer the below article about: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 15, 2018
  4. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

1. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates - Similar Threads - internet connection latest

2. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  3. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  4. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  5. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  6. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. No Internet connection following latest W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet connection following latest W10 update: I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The trouble shooter tells me that " Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" but I doubt it. My other devices...
  8. Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.

Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.: Hi, Microsoft. As stated in the title, my computer always faces the lost connection on the internet or VPN every SINGLE 15 minutes after I open my computer, and this happens after I finished the latest window update. I have searched for a couple of ways to solve this...
  9. Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update?

Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update?: Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update? I had to roll back in order to have internet again and my router and internet connection are working perfectly, none of my other devices have problems. I tried every trick in the book from the...
  10. No internet connection after latest update on 10074

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection after latest update on 10074: 3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various settings. After starting computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4467702 0x8007025d