Windows 10: No Internet connection following latest W10 update

Discus and support No Internet connection following latest W10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnMM21, Sep 20, 2021.

1. JohnMM21 Win User

No Internet connection following latest W10 update

I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The trouble shooter tells me that " Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" but I doubt it. My other devices are all still connecting fine. I should be grateful for any guidance. Thank you JMM

:)

JohnMM21, Sep 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 20, 2021
  4. No Internet connection following latest W10 update

Intermittent internet connectivity reliability W10

Hi Sue,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it resolves the issue.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control
      panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest Wi-Fi drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, Please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

No Internet connection following latest W10 update

1. No Internet connection following latest W10 update - Similar Threads - Internet connection following

2. No internet following failed update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet following failed update: Hi guys!I have just installed the latest update but part way through the update it decided to fail and try to uninstall the updateNow I have no access to the internet and any troubleshooting methodsAnyone have any ideas?...
  3. No internet following failed update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet following failed update: Hi guys!I have just installed the latest update but part way through the update it decided to fail and try to uninstall the updateNow I have no access to the internet and any troubleshooting methodsAnyone have any ideas?...
  4. W10 shows connected, No internet.

W10 shows connected, No internet.: My W10 shows connected, No internet and is not working even i tried with the LAN cable but it does not work with any wifi or hotspots. Please Help. Ps - I've tried resetting network adapter and also tried installing new drivers nothng works....
  5. Latest Update W10 Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Update W10 Storage: For days now, I've been trying to purge 1.67 GB of Windows Update Cleanup files that keep showing up in my Temporay Files when I go to remove them. The system acts like it's going to purge them, but goes back to the Remove Files box and the 1.67 GB are still there. Is there...
  6. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  7. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  8. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...
  9. No internet connection following win10 update

No internet connection following win10 update: A few days ago I lost my desktop wired internet connection, changing all the cables and troubleshooting got me nowhere but going back to a restore point solved the problem. I had to do this 2 consecutive days, but when the same thing happened on the 3rd day the restore point...
  10. No internet connection after latest update on 10074

No internet connection after latest update on 10074: 3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various settings. After starting computer...