Windows 10: No internet connection following win10 update

Discus and support No internet connection following win10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few days ago I lost my desktop wired internet connection, changing all the cables and troubleshooting got me nowhere but going back to a restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Donald Recklies, Jul 31, 2016.

1. No internet connection following win10 update

A few days ago I lost my desktop wired internet connection, changing all the cables and troubleshooting got me nowhere but going back to a restore point solved the problem. I had to do this 2 consecutive days, but when the same thing happened on the 3rd day the restore point I was using was gone from the list & I was dead in the water. Troubleshooting suggested that the problem was with my LAN adapter driver, although the Device Manager indicated that the device was working properly. Downloading the current driver from Realtek did not solve the problem.

Besides installing the latest driver I tried un-installing and reinstalling the adapter, resetting winsock, and flushing the DNS cache. I was unable to do ipconfig release and renew because the system couldn't find the adapter.I tried installing a portable WiFi adaper in a USB port, but that got me the same error messages as I got with the wired connection. The portable WiFi device and the router are working because I'm using them to get online with a Raspberry Pi right now. I suspect there's a Windows 10 conflict that was created by a recent update. Windows Helpdesk was not able to help me. Any ideas?

:)

Donald Recklies, Jul 31, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Jul 31, 2016
  4. No internet connection following win10 update

Have you tried another Desktop Computer on the line?

Who is your Internet service provider?

You didn't mention if you reset your router.

Also, call your ISP and have them do a hard reset from their end.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 31, 2016
  5. My local computer tech (my wife) recalled that I was interrupted by a Micrsoft tech call while I was making sure our anti-virus and firewalls were disabled and thought that I hadn't gotten to Zone Alarm, so while I was out she deleted it. Well, problem now solved and we again can connect to the internet, so I guess it was a Zone Alarm update. Sorry, Windows 10.

Donald Recklies, Jul 31, 2016
  6. Glad you were able to sort your problem.

I did forget to ask you if you checked both your antivirus and firewall.

With some Antivurus and Firewalls you have to grant permission for a program to access the Internet.

Zonealarm is one of those programs.
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in..._granting.html

I've used Windows Defender and Firewall since installing Windows 10, never a problem.

We can consider this issue closed.

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No internet connection following win10 update

1. No internet connection following win10 update - Similar Threads - internet connection following

2. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  3. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  4. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No internet following failed update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet following failed update: Hi guys!I have just installed the latest update but part way through the update it decided to fail and try to uninstall the updateNow I have no access to the internet and any troubleshooting methodsAnyone have any ideas?...
  6. No internet following failed update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet following failed update: Hi guys!I have just installed the latest update but part way through the update it decided to fail and try to uninstall the updateNow I have no access to the internet and any troubleshooting methodsAnyone have any ideas?...
  7. No internet following failed update

8. No Internet connection following latest W10 update

No Internet connection following latest W10 update: I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The trouble shooter tells me that " Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" but I doubt it. My other devices...
  9. After win10 update unable to connect to internet.

After win10 update unable to connect to internet.: I updated my laptop last night and since then I cant connect to the internet. I've tried flushing the DNA server and looked into rolling back the driver update but as there is no net connection I cant get the laptop to search for a driver. I resent the fact that as this is an...
  10. Win10 Internet connection issues

Win10 Internet connection issues: Greetings, since a few days i do have quite some issues regarding my Internet Connection on my PC. I´m not able to connect to certain websites, like Wetter, Wettervorhersage & Wetterbericht | wetter.com. Youtube on the other hand works without a flaw. Also some Software...