Windows 10: No internet connection, going insane.

Discus and support No internet connection, going insane. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have this HP Smarttouch laptop for about 3 years. Long story short it's always been a bugger. Recently did a factory reset like maybe a month ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hot tamalele, May 11, 2017.

1. No internet connection, going insane.

So I have this HP Smarttouch laptop for about 3 years. Long story short it's always been a bugger. Recently did a factory reset like maybe a month ago now. Internet won't connect and I've reset everything Microsoft and their support walked me through, no hope. Reset the router multiple times and no hope. Everything else connects well, various iPhones, android tablets, Mac laptop and smartTV, and everyone is getting tired of me shutting it off and on..understandably. I'm simply at my wits end. Thanks in advance

**EDIT** forgot to add but when resetting one of the things in the command prompt, it failed and said I didn't have access, even though I'm an admin, also running Windows network diagnostic on said connection says "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding" Getting real tired of seeing that devious warning triangle everywhere

:)

hot tamalele, May 11, 2017
  2. M JWuertz Win User

Going insane

Help me with this & I will leave you along. Used Sidesync and it worked but not on my phone. It wasn't compatibility. I knew there had to be way and there I found different sites but (you guessed it) I did not understand them. My phone is Droid Mini
    by Motorola.

M JWuertz, May 11, 2017
  3. Going insane

What is the make and model of your device?

Andre Da Costa, May 11, 2017
  4. No internet connection, going insane.

Hi hot tamalele. Welcome to the TenForums @hot tamalele

You are likely dealing with a driver issue. Windows always loads the latest and that can lead to issues.

Head to HP and get the driver they have for your wireless. Go to device manager and note manufacture and version number of the driver for your wireless adapter. Then once you've install check the version number in device manager to ensure your install worked.

If this works you will have to tell Windows to lay off the driver updates. (If it works Windows will likely update again in the next couple of days so check if it all of a sudden stops working.)

You can also follow this and post. It gives members insight as to what adapter is seeing. To a command prompt(admin)

Netsh wlan show all
    (produces report on wireless. Once output is produced, click in command window, then Crtl + A, then open Notepadand Crtl + C to paste. Save and close text file. Post text file.)

Some have found disabling IPv6 makes a difference.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

Not sure if you have dual band capabilities, 2.4Ghz and 5.0. Use 2.4 for distance and 5.0 for speed.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 12, 2017
Thema:

No internet connection, going insane.

1. No internet connection, going insane. - Similar Threads - internet connection going

2. Brand New PC, Insane Slow Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New PC, Insane Slow Internet: I just got a brand new PC today. Pre-built, since I'm not particularly good with hardware and I'm too nervous about breaking something by putting it together wrong. It's a CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC, GXiVR8060A11, uses Windows 11, and has a realtek 8821ce wireless...
  3. Settings menu going insane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings menu going insane: When I open the settings menu or press the windows key it goes crazy as if I am holding tab or an arrow key. This doesn't happen with anything else and is not a keyboard problem because it happens with it unplugged. submitted by /u/squidmega [link] [comments]...
  4. my laptop going insane

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop going insane: My laptop is going crazy he delete shortcuts and popup some error messages like explorer.exe and also when i play game he start to going crazy for exemple when i click on z button it shows me cortana Also just yesterday i install gta san andreas and i tried to fix the...
  5. My pc is going to drive me insane

My pc is going to drive me insane: Disclaimer: this might turn into a rant. For the past who knows how many months, my pc has been a laggy mess. And today has arguably been the worst. Basically, for no apparent reason, my pc will just stutter a bit and then return back to normal. But the frequency at which...
  6. I am going insane, unidentified network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am going insane, unidentified network.: My provider had some issues so I unplugged my router and now I have no internet on cable. This happened three times before where it magically fixed itself but it took multiple days and I dont have days this time. I've tried everything: cmdbar flush ipconfig winstock reset,...
  7. please help im going insane trying to connect bluetooth headset

please help im going insane trying to connect bluetooth headset: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HeyCrabmanHeyEarl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmj9u1/please_help_im_going_insane_trying_to_connect/
  8. Please someone help I’m going insane

Please someone help I’m going insane: I just built a brand new pc literally an hour ago I installed everything right everything is no longer than a week old (besides gpu) and my pc keeps crashing literally seconds after boot up. But not like crash crash well here’s the thing. It turns on the fans spin the lights...
  9. System Freezing, slowly going insane.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Freezing, slowly going insane.: Hello there people. I am really running out of ideas, therefor I hope that someone could give me new ones or help me to find the issue. My PC Spec: OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, 1909, Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 CPU: Intel i7-7700k, not overclocked, all in bios set to...
  10. going insane with pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    going insane with pc: I recently updated my cpu fan/heatsink from a stock one to a hyper 212x. Since doing this I am get blue screen of death, different error code each time. Most of the time 0x0000000e, or system thread cannot be handled. I cant get windows to load anymore, neither can boot from...