Windows 10: No internet connection. Invalid IP and invalid default gateway.

Discus and support No internet connection. Invalid IP and invalid default gateway. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had an issue before when sometimes I turned my PC on it failed to configure my IP as of what automatic troubleshoot said to me. This happened quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by littlebean92, Sep 11, 2018.

1. No internet connection. Invalid IP and invalid default gateway.

I had an issue before when sometimes I turned my PC on it failed to configure my IP as of what automatic troubleshoot said to me.

This happened quite often so I decided to set a static IP address with a static DNS etc for IPV4. It did work for the invalid IP error but now I got another problem.

On system startup windows tells me there's a problem with internet connection. I run automatic troubleshoot which does fix the problem but now it says "invalid default gateway" on almost every start up.

I got a fiber router which is connected by ethernet to my PC.

1. I did a test to run IPCONFIG before running automatic troubleshoot and it gave me this:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : bb.dnainternet.fi
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:14ba:ef2:7c00::1
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::399c:b903:1bc3:a712%13
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

2. The results above are before automatic troubleshooting and the results below are after running windows automatic troubleshooting.
    (saying "invalid default gateway")

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : bb.dnainternet.fi
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:14ba:ef2:7c00::1
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:14ba:ef2:7c00:399c:b903:1bc3:a712
    Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2001:14ba:ef2:7c00:2879:6286:e027:4e4
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::399c:b903:1bc3:a712%13
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::dad7:75ff:fee5:fa24%13

It almost seems like it's an issue with IPV6? Is it?
    Is the IPV6 protocol neccessary to keep enabled for all system operations to work properly or can I try disabling it?
    Then what about setting up a static IP address for IPV6? And how to set it up? Those IPV6 addresses look like mandarin chinese for me.

Windows automatic troubleshoot will fix the problem for me every time but I am tired of this and want to fix it once and for all.

Restarting the router or setting it to factory defaults, reinstalling network adapter drivers or running a diagnostic tool has not worked for this. Same problem keeps coming back.

I will post more information if required. Thank you for helping me.

:)

littlebean92, Sep 11, 2018

2. Invalid IP Configuration

As I have noticed with many of you, I have had trouble connecting my lap top to Wifi running in Windows 10. Trouble shooter informs me that the IP address configuration is invalid. I have followed a number of the suggestions posted on the forum however the
    only one that worked was to go into 'Command Prompt'; 'Run Administrator'; then type in ipconfig /renew. However this only appears to be a short term fix as it reverts back to 'invalid IP Configuration. The contact centre have been unable to help - does anyone
    know how to fix it permanently?!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

joreeves2012, Sep 11, 2018
  3. VHerron Win User
    IP address invalid

I have windows 10. Every morning my Desktop shows no internet connection. I am able to troubleshoot but get the same message Invalid IP address. I found the IP address but I have 2, IPv6 and IPv4. And, how do I select the right one and where do I enter
    the address?

VHerron, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Howardt55 Win User

No internet connection. Invalid IP and invalid default gateway.

Invalid IP

Since the update, I have not encountered the invalid IP issue. Time will tell us more.

Howardt55, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

No internet connection. Invalid IP and invalid default gateway.

1. No internet connection. Invalid IP and invalid default gateway. - Similar Threads - internet connection Invalid

2. Invalid IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid IP address: I’m getting message Local Area Network doesn’t have valid IP address. I’m on Win-7. Can someone give step by step instructions? I have found several suggestions but I’m not sure which to try and I don’t want to mess it up. Can you help? Thanks....
  3. Invalid IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid IP address: I’m getting message Local Area Network doesn’t have valid IP address. I’m on Win-7. Can someone give step by step instructions? I have found several suggestions but I’m not sure which to try and I don’t want to mess it up. Can you help? Thanks....
  4. Ip invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ip invalid: So im staying in a extended stay for work and the wifi isnt the best here but i have a wifi extender and it was working just fine now all of a sudden my ether net will not work but my wifi will all i get from my ether net is a invalid ip add and i have already done tye...
  5. Ethernet - Invalid ip adress or invalid default gateway

Ethernet - Invalid ip adress or invalid default gateway: Hi, this morning when i turned on my computer i wasn't able to connect to internet using my ethernet cable. However i've been able to do so using wifi. When i tried to resolve the issue using the troubleshot tool, it said that my ip adress was invalid. I looked online and...
  6. invalid ip configuration

invalid ip configuration: So I was about to do something and I suddenly lost internet I look at the internet and it says no internet, unidentified network. So I preformed an troubleshoot and I saw this. I hope that I dont have any viruses, and that others are using this computer. Please fix. [ATTACH]...
  7. INVALID IP CONFIGURATION

INVALID IP CONFIGURATION: Please help!!! How can I resolve this problem, "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-ip-configuration/8e82fccf-1dc9-48aa-a967-8d3c218ca8fb
  8. WiFi2 invalid ip address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi2 invalid ip address: Internet access requires a cmd prompt to open each time l restart laptop. I've tried netsh winsock, which works but has to be entered each time l restart. l've also done network reset and updated drivers and adaptors. Anymore ideas??...
  9. WiFi2 invalid ip address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi2 invalid ip address: Each time l start or restart my laptop l have to use the command promt netsh winsock and netsh int ip reset to access wifi. Is there a link to a permanent fix for this issue. All windows updates are up to date....
  10. my IP adress is invalid

my IP adress is invalid: I have a desktop computer that is connected to a wifi range extender through an ethernet cable after leaving the computer off then turning it back on it shows up with IP address invalid and to fix it I have to reset my wifi extender that takes a while to set up again is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i downloadip invalid default gateway