Windows 10: no internet connection on start up using Ethernet cable

Discus and support no internet connection on start up using Ethernet cable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I just got a laptop hp. when i start up with the battery in wifi i have not problems, the battery was 100% charged so i took it out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tomslm, Dec 3, 2019.

1. tomslm Win User

no internet connection on start up using Ethernet cable

Hello Everyone, I just got a laptop hp. when i start up with the battery in wifi i have not problems, the battery was 100% charged so i took it out because i just want to use the Ethernet cable for now. what happens is when start up the laptop it starts up fast but i notice that each time its not connecting to the internet unless i either restart the pc or the modem. i usually restart the laptop its faster. but why do i have to keep doing this each time? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

tomslm, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Homucles Win User

Cannot connect to Internet via direct Ethernet cable connection.

Hello. Have had this PC for about a year now. Came as Win7, updated to Win10 shortly thereafter. It is incapable of connecting to Internet wirelessly, so I connected it to modem directly through Ethernet cable. Have never had any problems whatsoever with
    connectivity to the Internet.

All of the sudden, as of about last week, I would start up my PC and it would be disconnected from the Internet. It cannot detect any sort of Internet connections despite being directly connected to the modem. Even wirelessly connected devices in my home
    like smartphones and tablets were unaffected by whatever ails my PC/Ethernet cable/etc.. I had:

• Restarted PC
    • Unplugged and replugged in modem after 30 seconds
    • Uninstalled drivers
    • Checked for driver updates (of which there were none)
    • Switched Ethernet ports
    • Switched Ethernet cables
    • Turned off firewalls and other malware-detecting programs
    • Reset network devices
    • ...and a host of other troubleshooting tips I have now forgotten
    None of these worked, but after 10-20 minutes, the Internet returned to normal. It has just happened again, and I did not retry any of the aforementioned actions, and, once again, it returned after 10-20 minutes.

It may seem to be a very trivial problem if the Internet ultimately comes back, but this effectively means my PC's startup time is extended to about 20 minutes, and this proves to be extremely inconvenient when I need to access the Internet.

Please offer any suggestions you think would solve this problem. Whatever system specifications are needed I will provide.

Homucles, Dec 3, 2019
  3. AndrewCar Win User
    No internet after connecting Home AV system Ethernet cable

Dell XPS8900 Desktop System works fine, then I connect the Ethernet from the PC to the new Home HiFi AV system (via Sonos S-Connect) After that I get no access to the internet. If I disconnect the Ethernet cable (and reboot?) I get internet again. If I
    connect the Ethernet cable after first establishing access to the internet, I get internet AND control of the Home HiFi AV system until the PC goes to sleep or is turned off, then no internet again. Any suggestions please. Regards

AndrewCar, Dec 3, 2019
  4. no internet connection on start up using Ethernet cable

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

no internet connection on start up using Ethernet cable

1. no internet connection on start up using Ethernet cable - Similar Threads - internet connection start

2. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet": Hi, I've had this problem with my pc for a while now, but rebooting it has always fixed it. Today, however, no matter how many times I restart it, I can't connect to the internet through the ethernet cable which I'm sure works. I am not very experienced, so if you need any...
  3. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  4. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  5. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  6. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  7. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable: Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for months.Now for no apparent reason I'm struggling to get an internet connection.I did have some issues with the cooling on my pc and I...
  8. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable: Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for months.Now for no apparent reason I'm struggling to get an internet connection.I did have some issues with the cooling on my pc and I...
  9. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

10. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!