Windows 10: No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

Discus and support No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RVRick74, Jan 9, 2019.

1. RVRick74 Win User

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless.

It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working DWA-140, and it would not connect on this machine. (It seems to connect to the wireless network, but will not connect to the Internet.) My wireless laptop connected to the Internet fine from the location of the malfunctioning machine so it isn't a signal strength issue.

I then tried the onboard Broadcom Netlink wired Ethernet adapter. It would not connect. (Attached a laptop to the Ethernet cable and verified a good connection to the router.)

I tried winsock reset and ip reset along with ipconfig /release, /renew, /flushdns, with no results.

I then installed a new PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet adapter. No connection to the Internet.

Device Manager reports all devices are working fine.

The Network Troubleshooter is worthless. It just reports "There may be a problem with the drivers for your device."

If I run ipconfig /all, all I get is the following:

Host Name........................: Reggie-I580
    Primary Dns Suffix.........:<blank>
    Node Type.........................: Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled.......: No
    WINS Proxy Enabled....: No

Has something killed my TCP/IP stack in Windows? If so, how do I repair it?

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 580
    Intel Core i3 3.2GHz
    4GB RAM
    Win 10 x64, v.1803 build 17134.407

An identical system is running fine.

:)

RVRick74, Jan 9, 2019
  2. lmblanes Win User

Windows 10 - Wired and Wireless connection simulataneously

Dear All

I would like to use mi Wireless connection for OneDrive for business and Ethernet wired network for the rest.

Is there a way of achieving that?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Luis

lmblanes, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Gobbas Win User
    1 wired + 1 wireless connection issues

Hi,

I have been trying to get my computer working in a home network through a router with a wireless connection, while at the same time having internet provided through a wire.

The reason this is an issue is because the wired does not go through the router while the wireless of course does.

The issue I am having is that when both are connected my internet connection comes through the wireless and not the wired.

What I want is for the wireless to connect to the network while the wired connects to the internet.

I am using windows 8.1

Thank you,

Gobbas, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Paul0o0o0 Win User

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless [​IMG]

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless [​IMG]

Paul0o0o0, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless - Similar Threads - Internet connection wired

2. Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.: My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar will not...
  3. Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?: So I got a new gaming pc since I had it I have been using a wireless connection but now I am trying to connect with the ethernet cable and it shows up as an unidentified network but its the same as the wireless one so not sure why it says that it also never connects its say...
  4. How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired

How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired: I just purchased a new computer and I need to connect it directly to my modem and not Wi-Fi. Which steps should I take to configure my network?...
  5. wired to wireless connect

wired to wireless connect: currently I have two ISPs. one that I've connected to "internet" via ethernet wire. I have a second ISP that I can connect to wirelessly. How do I change from the current wired connection to the wireless connection, Win 10 64....
  6. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  7. Wireless / Ethernet connection to internet permanently ON?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wireless / Ethernet connection to internet permanently ON?: Hi As the title reads. Is it safe to have a permanent connection to the internet, even leaving a wired connection plugged in whilst rebooting and signing into the Windows profile? Thanks 58099
  8. Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...

Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...: For reasons unknown, I have suddenly lost internet connectivity for most applications in Windows 10. Firefox gives me the "Server not found" message and Edge gives me "Hmm, we can't reach this page" for every website. If I run Windows Update, it states, "We couldn't...
  9. Internet connection by ethernet / wireless - always on / plugged in?

Internet connection by ethernet / wireless - always on / plugged in?: Hi Sorry if not the correct place to ask, but do people usually leave their internet connection always connected to online? Whether connected by ethernet or via wireless? I tend to plug when logging off and re-plug in when fully booted up and logged into windows....
  10. slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless

slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless: i have a AC600 wifi adapter and a ASUS rt-ac1200g+ router, we pay for 100mbps down. i can hit 30mbps on the wifi adapter but when i try ethernet it is locked at 10mbps at full duplex which is really weird. i have tried cat5e/6/7 but all does the same. i have tried in cmd...