Windows 10: No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

Discus and support No internet connection via wifi or ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rachelfree, Nov 9, 2015.

1. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I am logical! *Smile

:)

Rachelfree, Nov 9, 2015

2. Wifi and Ethernet

My computer will only connect to the internet via ethernet. Somehow, it turned of wifi and will not show wifi results.

kenzieannw, Nov 9, 2015
  3. JonLe916 Win User
    Windows 10 can't connect to internet

Hello, I'm having some trouble connecting to the internet via Ethernet although I can connect to wifi via wireless adapter. When I diagnose the connection it says, "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration."

JonLe916, Nov 9, 2015
  4. davexnet Win User

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

Does anything show up in the device manager under "Network Adapters".
    If so, what is their status ?

davexnet, Nov 9, 2015
  5. Hi devexnet, yes there is qualcomm atheros AR9485 network adapter and realtek PCle GBE family controller. If I double click them it says both the devices are working properly

Rachelfree, Nov 9, 2015
  6. davexnet Win User
    Right click the start button
    control panel/administrative services/services
    double click "diagnostic policy service" It should be started, and it's startup type should be automatic.
    If it's not automatic, set it so, and then reboot.

If no luck, see the 2nd post in this thread.
    Windows 7 Diagnostics Policy Service not running - Microsoft Community

davexnet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

1. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet - Similar Threads - internet connection via

2. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  3. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  4. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No internet via Ethernet or Wifi after hibernate

No internet via Ethernet or Wifi after hibernate: So after performing a hibernate, sometimes my internet just doesnt connect at all. This is like a 50/50 chance and I'm connected via ethernet. I have other devices connected via ethernet and theyre working. I tried everything from changing the DNS servers, to uninstalling...
  6. Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet

Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet: Sony Vaio FW Series laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I am not able to connect to Wifi network or using Ethernet cable. Error Message while connecting to wifi network - Can't connect to this network. I have tried reinstalling Windows 10, resetting wifi adapter...
  7. will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet

will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet: Hello, my windows 10 computer was fine and running well, now suddenly after I moved it will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet. I've replaced my WiFi card and the old one (only about a year old) works perfectly in another computer. When I run the diagnostic it tells me...
  8. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...
  9. Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet

Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet: Hello all, I've seen many forums with the same issues, but to no avail I still am experiencing the same problems. I was given my desktop about a week ago by my uncle, and I wiped it cleaned and installed Windows 10 Pro. I go to connect the Ethernet cable and it says...
  10. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Internet connection via ethernet problems: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither...