Windows 10: No internet connection with external usb hub plugged in

Discus and support No internet connection with external usb hub plugged in in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I recently bought an external usb hub, as my laptop only has 2 ports. What's happening is if I have 2 things plugged into the external ports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chrisheather15, Apr 8, 2020.

1. No internet connection with external usb hub plugged in

Hi guys,
    I recently bought an external usb hub, as my laptop only has 2 ports. What's happening is if I have 2 things plugged into the external ports and one in the computer's, my laptop disconnects from the internet and says I am unable to connect back. As soon as I unplug it, the connection resumes. I've figured out that the internet works with everything except the hard drive I'm plugging in to the external usb hub, but it works fine when plugged straight in to the computer.

I'm running Windows 10 via bootcamp on a MacBook (please don't shout at me I know this makes me a horrible person), and have repeatedly checked for apple software updates and I'm all up to date. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this I'd appreciate your help

Thanks,
    Chris

:)

Chrisheather15, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Fortitude Win User

insufficient power when external SSD is connected to USB hub?

My laptop has too few USB 3.0 ports for my purposes and therefore I use USB hubs to connect external devices to it. In fact I have two externally powered USB hubs of seven ports each connected to the laptop.

On one of them I have four (individually powered) external drives connected to it, my keyboard, a mouse and a printer. This hub presents no problems. However, the other one which is used to power some airflow fans under the laptop (not sure if it's really useful) does not seem to have enough power when I connect a 512 GB external SSD drive to it. The drive keeps connecting to and disconnecting from the laptop.

If I were to change the USB hub that presents this problem can you suggest what I should look out for in buying a new hub?

Fortitude, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Nagyanya Win User
    mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

I have an external 3.0 usb hub plugged into my hp laptop. The light is on but my laptop does not recognize the mouse, keyboard and external speakers plugged into the hub. They only work when plugged into the laptop, but there is not enough room for all three
    items plus the hub. The printer is recognized as are the two charging ports on the hub. An external monitor is connected into the laptop via hdmi cable and works fine.

Nagyanya, Apr 8, 2020
  4. No internet connection with external usb hub plugged in

USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

No internet connection with external usb hub plugged in

1. No internet connection with external usb hub plugged in - Similar Threads - internet connection external

2. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  3. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  4. Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub: I have a USB-c Hub that works splendidly. I also have a spectacular SSD M.2 Enclosure that also works fine if I connect it directly to my laptop. If, however if connect the enclosure to the HUB it is recognized but stops working after a couple of clicks and I see disk errors...
  5. Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub: I have a USB-c Hub that works splendidly. I also have a spectacular SSD M.2 Enclosure that also works fine if I connect it directly to my laptop. If, however if connect the enclosure to the HUB it is recognized but stops working after a couple of clicks and I see disk errors...
  6. external USB hub not working property

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external USB hub not working property: I have a keyboard and mouse that share a single USB receiver. I also have a webcam and microphone sharing a single USB cable. I have a 2-port USB KVM switch with audio TK-209K. If I plug the the webcam/microphone cable directly into one of the USB port on the computer, both...
  7. USB Hub

USB Hub: hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse. also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work. what is the problem? could...
  8. insufficient power when external SSD is connected to USB hub?

insufficient power when external SSD is connected to USB hub?: My laptop has too few USB 3.0 ports for my purposes and therefore I use USB hubs to connect external devices to it. In fact I have two externally powered USB hubs of seven ports each connected to the laptop. On one of them I have four (individually powered) external drives...
  9. Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub: I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also connect each drive's power connection? Thank you for your help. 96467
  10. No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in: I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now. I set my screen to turn off after ten minutes but it doesn't shut off. Today I read somewhere that it could be because I have a USB hub plugged in. Sure enough I unplugged the Hub and my screen shuts down as I have set it...