Windows 10: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

Discus and support no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeffRamig, Oct 15, 2021.

1. JeffRamig Win User

no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

:)

JeffRamig, Oct 15, 2021
  2. akhlaq768 Win User

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Oct 15, 2021
  3. laptop cant connect or stay connected to internet

And please do check that is the connection problem is occurring with that specific WiFi router or with others too? Try to connect using different router, and if you don't have a router try connecting it to WiFi hotspot and test it.
    I had that problem when my old-router stopped working I replaced it with new one and in a day my laptop HP-450 was unable to connect to it whereas all other devices were connected. At first I had the same feeling that my laptop was not working and tried every thing but nothing worked. Then I tried connecting to my WiFi hotspot and it worked even in long range. Then I called Dlink and got it replaced. With the new router I had no problems.
    Also do check the number of devices connected.

Vineet Reddy, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Laptop can't connect to wifi. Unidentified network no internet access

So often I run into clients/potential clients in my area that think Wi-Fi is the computer connecting to the Internet, in reality Wi-Fi is the connection of the computer to the Wireless Router which in turn is connected to the Internet.

A portion of the list of Wi-Fi Routers within less that a mile of me, about half:

no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi [​IMG]

Berton, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

1. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi - Similar Threads - internet connection yet

2. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  3. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  4. Laptop with Windows 10 is connected to WiFi, yet the apps say there's no internet access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop with Windows 10 is connected to WiFi, yet the apps say there's no internet access.: Hello,This is quite a complex issue, I'm not even sure how to describe it, so I'll share when it all started.The other day I was updating a videogame, where all of a sudden in the middle of the process I've got the blue screen of death. After my laptop has restarted, the...
  5. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  6. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  7. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  8. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  9. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

10. Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.

Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.: So in my house we have to wifi connections but it wont connect to my main internet. it will connect to are bad internet that is always in and out and just has a poor connection. but are main one I was connect too yesterday evening and when I went to get on my internet that...