Windows 10: no internet connection

Discus and support no internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having a problem where I occasionally lose my internet connection while browsing ... restarting the laptop fixes the error (DNS probe no internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ceekur, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Ceekur Win User

no internet connection

I'm having a problem where I occasionally lose my internet connection while browsing ... restarting the laptop fixes the error (DNS probe no internet connection found.) This occurs with both the Edge and Chrome browsers.

This problem only happens on my laptop's wi-fi ... it works fine using the ethernet connection. Additionally none of my other devices (smart TV, Roku, phone and tablet) are having any problems. I've contacted my ISP but they found nothing. I use a separate cable modem and router both of which report no issues (thru their browser-based UIs) I've tried performing power-off/resets on both these devices but I didn't expect that to fix anything because if it was either/both of those devices I should be experiencing connection issues with all my other devices too.

Additionally I have tried the various fixes like flushing the DNS, etc. Windows Device Mgr says the Wi-fi adapter is working properly, it's using the standard Windows 10 driver ... have not tried to Update or Reset driver. Due to the router's location it isn't practical to be connected by the ethernet cable so I need a fix ... I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

:)

Ceekur, Mar 5, 2018

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Mar 5, 2018
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Mar 5, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

no internet connection

First check the power management tab in the properties of the adapter, uncheck Allow this device to be turned off to save power.
    no internet connection [​IMG]

dmholt57, Mar 5, 2018
  5. Ceekur Win User
    Have already checked that setting, it's set to allow Windows to manage power when on battery ... I honestly don't remember how I had that set before but will disable it now. I hope that fixes it but I believe the DNS error has occured when the laptop was plugged in too. Either way, thanks for the quick response!

Ceekur, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

no internet connection

1. no internet connection - Similar Threads - internet connection

2. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection: Hello,I would like to automate the process of activating windows without calling the center and without internet connection.So I can use a script to deploy all the devices that I have without doing this **** call.Thanks in advance,Arthur...
  3. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection: Hello,I would like to automate the process of activating windows without calling the center and without internet connection.So I can use a script to deploy all the devices that I have without doing this **** call.Thanks in advance,Arthur...
  4. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  6. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  7. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  9. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  10. My computer is connected to wifi but keeps saying it is not connected to the internet and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is connected to wifi but keeps saying it is not connected to the internet and...: My computer is on windows seven. I have it connected to my home's wifi and can access the internet on it through google chrome but with anything else it keeps saying it is not connected to the internet at all, and it won't let me download anything properly. Every time I open...